Just a GREAT CAR!
By paul on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car to replace my 1984 Suburban that I used for ski area access. I took the salesman on the infamous Bogus Basin Road that is 16 miles of curves and switchbacks. I told the sales guy to hang on as I wanted to see what this car could do and we were literally blown away by how well this car handled the curves and switchbacks while climbing from 2500' to about the 5,000' level on this road. This car handles like a dream. I like the shifter with the +/- switch that allowed you to manually shift the car if you chose to do this. Best of all I got a super deal with the gms pricing w/$2k rebate and another $2k from my GM mastercard rebate account = 32% below MSRP!
Favorite Features
Adjustable foot pedals, telescoping tilt wheel, electric power steering, 3.5L 200HP V-6 that gets about 25 mpg in town and over 30 mpg on the road.
Suggested Improvements
The exterior color selections need to be better. The red needs to be VICTORY RED, the metallic red and the other metallic colors understate the performance ability of this car. It is on a Saab 9 3 platform make it look like the performance vehicle it really is. 17" wheels and tires would be nice.