I'm back after 23 years
By Joe Rand on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
This is the first Chevy I bought since my 1982 Z28. The fact that it's been that long tells you what I thought about Chevy's "quality." Over the last 3 months I've looked at the Mazda3, Audi A4, Subaru Outback, Baja, and Impreza, Mitsubishi Outlander, PT Cruiser, and the Saab 92x. All nice vehicles in their own right, but with all the rebates thrown at you it makes the Maxx the best value. I like the versatility. Most of the time I'm the only one in the car, but at times I need to haul 4 more around. This car does that comfortably, plus I can get my bike in the back. The bells and whistles for the money are great. The back seat room was a big factor, and there is a ton of it.
Favorite Features
Like the back seat, versatility, looks, economical 6, attractive seats, sunroof, XM, controls on the steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
Move the rear window wiper controls to the stalk. If you want to make this car outstanding; add all wheel drive, sports car handling, and a nicer/higher quality dash and there would be nothing out there for the money. Sort of like Audi's new A3 for about $5,000 less.