2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Hurray for Domestic!

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

Hurray for Domestic!
By Red on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first domestic car I've purchased. Before this, I was in Honda Civics and VW Jettas. My wife was interested in this car for the increased room for our family. At first I was turned off. I'm so very pleasantly surprised. Bought it with 30k, now has 62k. Interior styling is very functional and surprisingly stylish. Exterior is about as sporty as you can get for a four door hatch outside the Audi. Rides like a very substantial car. There is a crazy amount of space inside, so much more than you'd think from the outside. My friends are also surprised and we enjoy tooling around in it. I'm excited that Chevrolet made this car, it's a boon for domestic automobiles.

The moonroofs over the back seat are a pretty trick. I love how amazed people are at the space inside once they get in. Huge legroom in the back even when stretched out up front. Cavernous trunk space. This car feels bigger than it looks. Gas mileage is very impressive for a v6 (28-36mpg).

Make the AC blow as hard/cold as a Jetta. The primary cupholder next to shifter needs to get rid of that cheesy rubber insert. Back seats should fold down flatter than they do. No big deals though, great car.