Great Family Vehicle With Good Looks.
By jenandjonm on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
We bought this car for more room while I was pregnant with my second child. We originally wanted a SUV, but not the gas milage. Hubby sugested a Suburu wagon, but I think wagons are ugly, ditto for mini vans. Husband and I are both tall and needed leg room, plus rear leg room for occasional adult passengers and those huge child car seats. The Maxx was a great find. I'm always getting compliments on the styling and people are curious what it is. The handling is great, especially at slow speeds in the parking lot. Plenty of power for those curvey hilly roads and freeway passing. All with great gas milage. It gets about 30-35 mpg on long trips, and 25 in town.
Favorite Features
Easy clean leather seats. Remote start. Reclining/ sliding rear seat. Fold down rear seats. Auto temp control especially during remote start. Roomy interior space. DVD player/wireless headphones. One peice rims. Info center. Sound system. Wagon/ SUV functional in a Sedan size. Overall style.
Suggested Improvements
Better latching for rear moonroof curtains. Remote open rear hatch (not just unlock). DVD insert and controls in the front. More advertisement would sell more of these. Many people I meet really like it, but have not seen one before. Keep the sporty look (the reason I chose it over a wagon).