2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Good Value Car

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Good Value Car
By aramf on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this one used at 60K miles. I currently have 120K on it. Chevrolet replaced the steering wheel on it. The left blinker burned out too often, untill I replaced the whole light from partstrain.com. Over the last 3 years mpg has been suffering. Recently two oxygen sensor went bad. Replaced both. The average mileage went back to 32 mpg from 24 mpg. I assume that both have to fail before check engine goes on. My front rotors tend to warp a lot. One thing that helps is not to use parking breaks. But I can got fast around the corners, it has a kicking accelaration and mpg has just improved. It is a nice semi-wagon with a strong enough engine for fun things.

Love the extra storage in the back for putting stuff and enough power to pull an 8 foot trailer full of topsoil. I use it as a commuter during the week, and a truck (when I haul a trailer behind) on weekend. WIth 3.5 v6 I get plenty of pulling power. I can also fit 5 people inside, which is great.

Cd player does not work. The rear mirrors do not work. The lock/unlock does not work. But hey I am getting >30 mpg on freeway, and with the car paid off, I am fairly happy.