2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Drives like a dream

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

Drives like a dream
By medinamalibu on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After owning the Maxx for 2 days, I concluded that its driving manners were perfect. Three years later, the perfection has been restored by new tires/brakes/steering column. Love the extended warranty! Had a major water leak due to some missing sealant. Instruments freaked out one day and died for my commute, but came back perfect (with updated mileage, even!) the same night. Sunshades, ugh. Nice idea, but not durable enough for any use. A few design miscues haven't spoiled how wonderful the car is. It's never left me stranded. Wish I could see 30+ MPG more often. Love the power, though. Rear visibility suffers -- should have been a more square-ish wagon.

Smooth GM transmission, soft ride, low noise, can corner at fairly high speeds. Fuel economy display. Remote start. Way better brakes than first generation Malibu! CD-text and radio data system in stereo system.

Stereo system EQ should be a better match to the car. Reinvent or delete the skylight/shades. Improve rear visibility. Move dimmer knob up higher so my left knee doesn't bash it (I learned!). Larger glove compartment. Oh, and bring the Maxx back!