Chevy Maxx 2005
By JK on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I absolutely love this car and can't believe chevy stopped making them. Can't believe the torque on this car absolutely incredible for its size. Ok, problems, the steering shaft has been fixed once already due to warranty related problems at about 20000 and now is having the same problems again at 79000 (no longer covered). The cloth seat are by far the worst I have ever had in a car, you see every single little stain, water or worse - absolutely horrible, very tough to clean, took to pro and they refused to clean the upholstery. If chevy still made them I would buy a brand new one w leather seats right away. 23 gas/city - 26 highway. CD player broke, love onboard comp and low maintanence.
Favorite Features
Torque - had me at first step on the gas pedal. Low maintenance costs, onboard comp - nice, very roomy - excellent. Good gas mileage -
Suggested Improvements
Something needs to be done with the steering shaft - appears ot be a chevy problem or maybe Malibu problem? Definitely improve the clothes seats - horrible stain collectors - no chance in keeping it even decently clean with kids, water stains x10 not to mention other kids stains.