2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
SMARTEST CHOICE
By mrfunybuny on 09/26/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Gets awesome fuel economy. Going 55mph on a flat highway, after the car was already warmed up, I was getting 38-41 mpg. I get 31.8 doing low 70's on hihgway w/ moderate inclines. About 26 with regular suburban driving. I think the car has so much power GM probably could have emphasized fuel economy even more. I think GM was smart to make this engine a pushrod style, simpler, more fuel-efficient and more reliable than DOHC.

Life in Maxx
By Cobalt ss on 09/11/05 20:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car with a lot of space, a good look and good performance for the price. A lot of persons said to me that they will consider a Maxx for their next car. No problem except traveling computer, but it was fixed now. I changed the tires for 4 Michelin Hydroedge and the car became more sporty to drive.

Avalanche to Maxx
By dennis headrick on 09/09/05 17:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good handling, good pep, good brakes, very versatile. Good gas mileage. Traded an Avalanche truck for the Maxx. Was tired of 11 mpg in city. If this car is as reliable as my Avalanche truck I will be very satisfied!

Must have bought a lemon
By Davidson C. on 09/04/05 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The day we pick up the car the factory remote starter does'nt work , then the sales men kills the battery try to get it work, then on the third day of owning this lemon (365 km on it ) the transmission starts to act up.(it would'nt go into gear.) And now less then a month later the starter is acting up.

A Nice Car
By Tom Florek on 09/02/05 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently bought this vehicle, however had the opportunity to rent a couple for work travel. Good fuel economy, smooth transmission movement. It can get out of it's own way, but not at breakneck speed. A real good family car.

2005 Malibu Maxx LT hatchback
By Jim McAlpin on 08/31/05 03:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with highway mpg -- 34.6 at 70 mph. City mpg about what I expected, 22.0 mpg. Tight body, doors, etc., means quiet ride. Remote start feature is a pro in summer heat, and will be helpful in the winter, also. Handling is good, very responsive to demands on the road -- passing, entering freeway traffic, braking.

One of the best Chevy's ever.
By Jim Cox on 08/30/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing I would add is all wheel drive and maybe a convertible top.This is one of the best Chevy's I've ever owned. Fit and finish is spectacular. Mileage is mid to high twenties.Fold down back seat and hatch back offfers room like a wagon. Really a great car.

Driven to the Maxx
By DIXIELEE on 08/23/05 06:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love our new Malibu Maxx. It is quite roomy in the back seat which you don’t see that often. Everyone can sit very comfortably as far as leg room. All seats recline front and back and fold down. I would say it is a nifty car at a great price! I dart around like nobody’s business and park with ease. No more bulky minivan!

Just a GREAT CAR!
By paul on 08/14/05 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my 1984 Suburban that I used for ski area access. I took the salesman on the infamous Bogus Basin Road that is 16 miles of curves and switchbacks. I told the sales guy to hang on as I wanted to see what this car could do and we were literally blown away by how well this car handled the curves and switchbacks while climbing from 2500' to about the 5,000' level on this road. This car handles like a dream. I like the shifter with the +/- switch that allowed you to manually shift the car if you chose to do this. Best of all I got a super deal with the gms pricing w/$2k rebate and another $2k from my GM mastercard rebate account = 32% below MSRP!

I love my car
By Lovelyone on 08/07/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is terrible compared to my prior Chevrolet Cavalier, but thats what i get for upgrading to a V6. All in all, the car is outstanding. Everyone, including myself, loves it.