Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Malibu Maxx 2005 wow
By Malibu Maxx 2005

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was reluctant to purchase this vehicle due to several reasons. However once sitting behind the wheel and driving it, I was immediately sold. This is by far the best car I have ever purchased, in the meantime I have test driven many different make and models for comparison. None can reach the Maxx with its performance level and comfortability. It handles very well even with high speed, acceleration rate is excellent. One of those secret jewels, once you drive it you'll love it. In 2.5 years twice in garage for warranty covered issue. Suggestion: purchase leather only if you have children or buy waterproof seat covers. The light beige cloth material stains very easily. Stains won`t come off.

Acceleration rate - how easy to handle Space in trunk, transported 2 twin beds, 2 twin size mattresses, full size work bench, desk etc in that car. Like a Mary Poppin`s bag - you `ll be surprised what fits in it.

Leather seat covers only. Cloth material stains very easily and won`t come clean. Water stains from shoes and drinks. Seat handles on side should not be out of plastic, they break too easily.

Yikes! 3 Steering Racks in 3 Years
By Call me disappointed

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No question, the Maxx gets great mileage (I average 29 mpg). And I love that the back and front passenger seats fold down to give lots of cargo room. And it's fun to drive -- when it's not in the shop for repairs. There have been several electrical problems while still under warranty, all easily resolved. The real problem is the steering rack. It's been replaced 3 times. My Chevy dealer says it's a design flaw and many cars come in with this problem. If you want a trouble-free car, I'd stay away from the Maxx.

Lots of interior room. gas mileage.

Design a steering rack that works. Fit and finish is kind of cheap.

Great Family Vehicle With Good Looks.
By jenandjonm

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for more room while I was pregnant with my second child. We originally wanted a SUV, but not the gas milage. Hubby sugested a Suburu wagon, but I think wagons are ugly, ditto for mini vans. Husband and I are both tall and needed leg room, plus rear leg room for occasional adult passengers and those huge child car seats. The Maxx was a great find. I'm always getting compliments on the styling and people are curious what it is. The handling is great, especially at slow speeds in the parking lot. Plenty of power for those curvey hilly roads and freeway passing. All with great gas milage. It gets about 30-35 mpg on long trips, and 25 in town.

Easy clean leather seats. Remote start. Reclining/ sliding rear seat. Fold down rear seats. Auto temp control especially during remote start. Roomy interior space. DVD player/wireless headphones. One peice rims. Info center. Sound system. Wagon/ SUV functional in a Sedan size. Overall style.

Better latching for rear moonroof curtains. Remote open rear hatch (not just unlock). DVD insert and controls in the front. More advertisement would sell more of these. Many people I meet really like it, but have not seen one before. Keep the sporty look (the reason I chose it over a wagon).

Great Car
By 1tenor

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've ever owned. I get excellent fuel economy, and the flexibility of the folding seats is extremely convenient. I had one problem with the trim on one of the seats which the dealership promptly fixed and that's it. Other than regular oil and filter changes, it's been virtually maintenance free. It rides comfortably both scooting around town or on the highway.

Folding seats, adjustable rear seats, convenient 12V outlets.

What a steal!
By Pat

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Looked for car to replace 2002 Tracker. Looked for SUV room without the price and found this. Eureka! Loved the hatchback design and room. Bought car with 15,000 miles for $13,000.00. Just returned from 3,500 mile trip to Gulf Coast. This car is awesome. 30 MPG (with a/c on most of the time), solid, quiet, roomy, comfortable, power when you need it. I could go on and on. Local Chevy dealer sent a letter saying they're interested in buying the car. Good luck, this one stays in my garage. As other people have said, why didn't Chevy promote this car. In my opinion, no home should be without one.

Looks, room, simple but functional interior design, gas mileage, stereo system, solid quiet ride.

Find some kind of cloth that doesn't leave stain marks when they get wet. Even water leaves rings. Try to improve rear visibility. I find it hard to back up trying to look over the high front seats and the large pillars/small windows behind the rear seats.