2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Lots of bang for the money!
By patches on 01/01/06 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very great car, dependable and convenient. A sure keeper. Smooth, quiet drive, lots of room, especially with two youngsters. Cargo is great. Got rid of my Blazer LT for this one, and I do not regret it. Lots of space like an SUV, but handling is far smoother. I will definitely keep this car.

Cute Sporty Car
By VJF on 12/31/05 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,600 miles. Have had the car since 12/13/05. Drove in rain/snow/ice mix first day. Handled well, felt secure with traction control. Like the look and handling of the Maxx. Drove over 400 miles during the holidays with cruise at 70 and got 32.5 mpg. Have difficulty getting comfortable in the rock hard seat. Have only two electric adjustments. But the pedals and steering adjustments do help. Three adults in the back seat amazed at leg room even tho a little tight on seating and were impressed with sunroof and spacious interior.

To the Maxx
By Amazine on 12/13/05 06:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our 1994 family Mini-van had to go. Serve us well for those years taking road trips up and down the east coast. I was in the market for another Mini- van until I saw my Maxx on the lot. Never thought I would buy a hatchback or even look at a wagon type vehicle. I narrowed my choices down to the vibe (too small),the new Mazda 5(first year) and the Ford Freestyle. I just love the Maxx from the very first test drive. It has alot more power and it handles extremely well. I went with the LT over the LS, it was money well spent. The heated leather seats, fog lights,traction control,volume controls on the steering wheel,manumantic,the fold flat rear seats are fantastic.

Maxx
By kierkito on 11/01/05 08:28 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Been very happy with it. Only thing I wish I could add is remote start and heated seats. When you buy one in WI they come standard but this car was a rental in Florida. Don't they want heated seats too?

You gotta buy this car!
By Mark Z on 10/29/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Here it is, one year and 30 thousand miles later. The car has performed flawlessly. I am surprized at the average 35 miles per gallon I get on the highway doing 65 Mph. Comfortable and quiet too. Lot's of pep from this adequate engine/weigth set. The negatives: The starter randomly sticks and and the car overcranks. The plastic housing on the passenger side front seat came loose. That's it. I am looking to buy a new one now.

Maxx at 7,500 Miles
By juswheels on 10/27/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our new 05 Maxx in June of this year. We haven't been a GM customer for a number of years but after a lengthly test drive, we decided to come back to GM. So far we've traveled about 7,500 trouble free miles. Not one problem or complaint. On the highway, I've consistently averaged 33 MPG and around town in the mid 20's. I am absolutely pleased with the Quality, Handling, and Design of this car.

Malibu Maxx, An Excellent Buy
By R. E. Laws on 10/26/05 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A fun to drive low cost vehicle! The looks are great. Even for a big man, the interior is comfortable. Only drawback, gas mileage could be better; however, since it is so much fun to drive, maybe I am at fault there. Do not care for the thumb operated switch on gear shift lever. Even the instruction manual doesn't explain its operation. Hatchback---great!

Former Ford owners fall for the Maxx!
By Donna on 10/24/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Was dreading our transition from bigger vans to car, due to perceived lack of room. Was on a Ford lot looking at used cars and saw the Malibu Maxx and was drawn back to it over and over. Finally gave in and went for a test drive and was SOLD!! Couldn't believe how many luxury features and sportiness the maxx has.We have never driven a more fun vehicle. The back seat area is SO ROOMY and the back sunroofs are fun too. The many ways to arrange the back seats for extra cargo room are great.We are so happy with everything about this car.

MAXXimum Satisfaction
By NMeiring on 10/22/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving this car, I couldn't look at anything else. I had been looking for something that would get good MPG (26.5 in town), have the extras that my Jeep GCL had, but still look sporty. I looked at so many vehicles, my husband called it my new hobby. The MAXX has comfortable heated seats, adjustable pedals, tons of cargo room, a smooth ride, wireless headphones in the back and is FUN to drive. This car deserves a second look and a test drive. Lots of pick up, feel secure with a super safe drive. With a sunroof and the rear skylights, the interior feels even larger than it is. Looking forward to using the remote starter this winter

Surprising Car from Chevrolet
By TallinArk on 10/09/05 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this car. Plenty of room, good driving position (I am 6'3") and excellent fuel economy. City driving is 25-27 mpg and highway driving is 35-29 mpg. No lie. I added a K&N filter to my Maxx and got very good improvements in power and economy. Got it through the Employee Purchase program/rebate and got this car gor a great price. Had a couple of problems with it at first (fuel guage and tire) but were fixed by the dealer with no questions asked. Very quiet on asphalt, a little choppy on concrete, but all-in-all quite comfortable. Bridgestone tires will be replaced with Dunlop or Michelin at the earliest possible time. Outstanding safety features!