2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 600 Mile Review

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

600 Mile Review
By Seacove on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 10/31 and just hit 600 miles this week. Had a Sable wagon, and after discovering that you can't find a 8 passenger vehicle other than minivans or SUVs, went with the 5 passenger Maxx as a compromise on mileage and passenger/storage versatility. I liked the look of the Maxx first time I saw one on the road (and cars don't usually turn my head), and finally figured out last week that the reason is the styling is somewhat reminiscient of my 1980 Fiesta Sport - one of the best cars I ever owned. I put off buying one until the 2005 model, due to the obvious need for spoiler and rear wiper on hatchback models. This is my 2nd ever GM vehicle (Avalanche in '03), and both are winners!

Favorite Features

Autostart - this car stays in the driveway. Satellite Radio (never thought I'd have wanted - now couldn't do without). Heated seats. Gas Mileage - averaging 26.1 on daily commute. Rear sylights - increases feel of roominess in rear. Rear Entertainment system with headphones keep kids and me happy!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a compass in the mirror like my Avalanche. The drivers bottom seat cushion could be longer (I'm 6'2"). Better Driver Info center controls - you have to progress forward through all views to get to prior view - need reverse scroll. Also need instant MPG reading and more precise readings.