2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Love my Malibu Maxx!
By Ani on 04/12/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my Malibu Maxx for a little over a year now and its been a pleasure. I bought this model because I have elderly parents that I drive around. The car is very roomy and just the right distance from the ground to allow ease in entering and exiting the vehicle.

Not Bad for a Chevy
By Hobbie2k on 04/02/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I needed a new replacement for my 1993 Accord Wagon. It still ran great with 240,000, but with a new job that requires 1000 miles a week, it would have to break down eventually. I stopped at the Chevy dealer because of a 50% off promotion. I figured at 50% off even a Chevy would be worth it. Let's just say, I was pleasantly surprised. It's not as bad as I feared. I was thinking it'd be a Lumina wagon, but dare I say, it's all-around a better car than my parent's Nissan (then again, the Nissan is a 2001 with 135,000 miles). This car is a good bargain after the rebates, but for MSRP there are better options.

Thrilled to the Maxx!
By xboxt8er on 03/27/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will have to say I am a huge truck guy, but when I got a job in outside sales it was time to lay the truck to rest. The gas mileage on this car is great, average @ 26 mpg. The ride is very good and the 200 hp v6 is amazing. The first week I after I bought it we had to make a trip to Detroit about 1000 miles round trip. I am 6'1 and my father in law is 6'3 and we both had plenty of room in the front seats not to mention my sleepy wife and daughter in the back was very comfortable also.

The "zippy car"
By Geraldine on 03/19/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive, lots of power, avg 26 mpg. Lots of room to haul skis, and other bulky object with hatchback access. Love heated seats, remote start, auto climate control, traction control is great in snow and ice. Accomodates large people with ease as my husband is over 6' and has plenty of room. The switch control shifter is great for mountain driving and great for hills and control on snow and ice covered roads. GM hit a home run with this car as far as I am concerned. Glad we got the LT model.

Superb Car!
By Don E. on 02/05/06 00:32 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my previously owned low-mileage Maxx last November and I have to say it is probably the best car I've ever owned. This car has tons of room, power to spare, unique styling, comfort, great gas mileage and it's a ton 'o fun to drive. In fact, my wife loved it so much we ran out and bought another Malibu for her the next month! Chevy got this car right!

Mew Maxx
By js on 02/03/06 12:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The great gas mileage with such a powerful V6 is what sold me as well as the front and rear legroom. Test drove many cars, imports as well, and couldn't find many with enough front leg room for a tall guy like me, but it's in this Maxx. Value with rebates and features remote start and side air bags.

My first new car
By Carlos on 02/02/06 03:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first new car, previously I owned a '98 cadillac Catera. The performance of the "200" horsepower V6 is incredible, the push button sport shift is precise, smooth, and makes for one fun drive. I am a big kid and like to sit in the back seat w/ my two daughters and play video games on the 7.5 inch LCD DVD screen. It gets way over 30 MPG (I'd estimate around 34) on long highway trips. Last summer we were T-boned @ 30 MPH on the passenger side by a Tahoe, -the car is fine!! This is the first new car my wife/I have ever owned. We couldn't have done better.

lve the Maxx
By Victor on 01/08/06 21:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car! I cant believe how fast it is and what great gas mileage 26mpg so far(1000 miles). I am already getting people staring or head turns as I drive by. For a stock radio it really works very well, love my sunroof and the one in the back for the kids. There is a lot of room in the car and it was just recently rated as 4 stars in crash tests!! I am going to get some chrome wheels and get it tinted.

Good alpine driver
By eljon on 01/06/06 17:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drives well on hiways and brakes very well at high speeds. Lots of passing power. Nice ride.

Lots of bang for the money!
By patches on 01/01/06 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very great car, dependable and convenient. A sure keeper. Smooth, quiet drive, lots of room, especially with two youngsters. Cargo is great. Got rid of my Blazer LT for this one, and I do not regret it. Lots of space like an SUV, but handling is far smoother. I will definitely keep this car.