2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
By Watson on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
My wife and I bought it brand new. We haven't had any problems since our bumper to bumper ran out. Warranty covered the rear defroster poking outside of the exterior glass (replaced rear window), the steering knock (chevy extended a recall on the electric steering up to 70k), the left rear running light (twice) and the front brake rotars warped and had to be turned at 32k (I had to fight the dealer on that one).
Favorite Features
For a family sedan built on a Saab platform you couldn't ask for a more versatile and fun car to drive. I can't believe we average 28mpg with a 205 hp V6. It's got the right amount of umph without any torque oversteer and has all the safety features you would expect. Rear seats give plenty of room.
Suggested Improvements
Radio doesn't have an auxilary input for MP3 players. Recommend Monster FM tuner. There's no after market fix unless you replace the radio but then you have to buy a GM message center $250 to go underneath aftermarket radio $200 plus install could run from $500 just to get an auxiliary input.