Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

A Nice Car
By Tom Florek

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently bought this vehicle, however had the opportunity to rent a couple for work travel. Good fuel economy, smooth transmission movement. It can get out of it's own way, but not at breakneck speed. A real good family car.

The rear sun roof is cute, engine is peppy and smooth, it is pretty quiet considering it is a medium priced car, available XM radio was a God send

Although I like the color of my car (dark silver metallic)I think some of the flashier colors available on the Monte Carlo would be nice for this car

2005 Malibu Maxx LT hatchback
By Jim McAlpin

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with highway mpg -- 34.6 at 70 mph. City mpg about what I expected, 22.0 mpg. Tight body, doors, etc., means quiet ride. Remote start feature is a pro in summer heat, and will be helpful in the winter, also. Handling is good, very responsive to demands on the road -- passing, entering freeway traffic, braking.

Remote start Power adjustable pedals Side curtain airbags

Move rear window controls (wipe, wash, defrost) to more accesible area on dash or console. Difficult to manage without taking eyes from the road -- UNSAFE.

One of the best Chevy's ever.
By Jim Cox

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing I would add is all wheel drive and maybe a convertible top.This is one of the best Chevy's I've ever owned. Fit and finish is spectacular. Mileage is mid to high twenties.Fold down back seat and hatch back offfers room like a wagon. Really a great car.

Back seat/hatch back

All wheel drive. Convertible top.

Driven to the Maxx
By DIXIELEE

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love our new Malibu Maxx. It is quite roomy in the back seat which you donít see that often. Everyone can sit very comfortably as far as leg room. All seats recline front and back and fold down. I would say it is a nifty car at a great price! I dart around like nobodyís business and park with ease. No more bulky minivan!

The steering ratio, in and out of places, the long front end which makes me feel secure in case of an auto accident. All the controls at my finger tips. I love it

The seats are hard as rocks. They donít really mold to you like I would prefer, but that doesnít keep me from enjoying my car. Also I do not care for the floor brake. I have a bad ankle and it is hard to push and release.

Just a GREAT CAR!
By paul

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my 1984 Suburban that I used for ski area access. I took the salesman on the infamous Bogus Basin Road that is 16 miles of curves and switchbacks. I told the sales guy to hang on as I wanted to see what this car could do and we were literally blown away by how well this car handled the curves and switchbacks while climbing from 2500' to about the 5,000' level on this road. This car handles like a dream. I like the shifter with the +/- switch that allowed you to manually shift the car if you chose to do this. Best of all I got a super deal with the gms pricing w/$2k rebate and another $2k from my GM mastercard rebate account = 32% below MSRP!

Adjustable foot pedals, telescoping tilt wheel, electric power steering, 3.5L 200HP V-6 that gets about 25 mpg in town and over 30 mpg on the road.

The exterior color selections need to be better. The red needs to be VICTORY RED, the metallic red and the other metallic colors understate the performance ability of this car. It is on a Saab 9 3 platform make it look like the performance vehicle it really is. 17" wheels and tires would be nice.