2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Fleet Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Built for Me!
By Diane Bunker

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't driven a Malibu since high school (30 some years ago!). I saw the Malibu Maxx at a school function on Thursday, took my husband to the Chevrolet dealer on Sat. and drove home with the Maxx on Sat. evening. I love it, my boys (18 and 21) love it, and I especially love the design and the way the seats fold down for hauling anything from HOme Depot. I told the salesman, the car was made for me!

Favorite Features

The fold down seats, the steering, the information center, the woodgrain, good visibility (large front window, small windows in reat),the alloy wheels,the sunroof in the rear, especially the sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar feature is great, would love to see it as an option on passenger side (for trips with my husband!)air cond. controls (vent) in the back (we live in TX!)

Great Car
By seamaxx

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM is really got a winner. I love everthing about this car including the electronic steering

Favorite Features

Fit and finish

2004 Malibu Maxx
By pookiejobrian

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Leased 04 reasonable terms & pricing. Choose this vehicle for mileage rating & cargo space needed for work purposes. It has delivered both. I have been able to haul up two 8 foot ladders, and all necessary paint supplies that I normally would have used my conversion van for. The car averages 26.4 miles a gallon, combined city & hwy driving. All seats have ample leg room, the rear seats recline. There are plenty of extra feature options available. I have enjoyed my remote sunroof, remote starter, rear seat has stereo entertain center, w adapters for a portable cd or dvd player. Cons: car sits very low to ground, pass rv mirror is convex distorts view

Favorite Features

remote sunroof, hatchback cargo space, leg room

Suggested Improvements

passenger rv mirror should not be convex is distorts true distance of other vehicles, car sits very low to ground also limiting view.

I LOVE MY CAR !!!!
By yoa1212

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE THE FEEL OF THIS CAR. IT HAS SO MUCH ROOM. People stop me to ask me what kind of car I have , They think it look so great.I was in an accident and was not hurt because this car is built so well. I highly recomend the maxx. The Only Con is that GM had a problem sending one of tha parts. I am still waiting for the new part, and the repair shop had to fix the old part. I get no satifation when I call chevy customer service. That is the only bad experience I have had with this car.

Favorite Features

The look of the car. It is so different. I love the remote starter. My car is nice and cool when I get in. And in the winter it will be nice and warm.

Suggested Improvements

Customer service

Maxx=Maximum Versatility & Value
By MadMaxx

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car-fast, smooth, quiet, and very airy/roomy. Versatility is AWESOME. Great MPG: averaging 28.5 in 20/80 city/hiway driving, and have hit 32.8 on 5/95 (at 65mph). Value-paid $14,299 after rebate for my '04 Maxx w/floor mats.

Favorite Features

Versatility, 200hp engine, SMOOTH transmission, fuel economy, large & quiet cabin. Leg & headroom. Great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Larger seat cushion for my long 34" legs.

Excellent
By "WB9PAR"

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I compared this car to others in the same category. Nothing else in the price range could compare. Conservative styling yet sporty. Handles very well and is quite. Wind noise with windows down is an issue. So far excellant mileage (27.8 MPG) Electric steering is effortless and has good feedback.

My new car
By BigAls87Z28

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I first saw the Maxx, and was very happy to see a good looking and powerful 5dr hatch in Chevy's line up! I didnt want something big like the Magnum, or too small. The Maxx is just right! Good power and handling from the Epsilon chassis, and plenty of down low power from the 3.5. I would like to see a "SS" model with teh 3.9 and 6spd manual in the future.

Favorite Features

Flexability, powerful, and good handling. Good dash lay out, good quality.

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER!! And a manual trans as well. AWD would make this a cool car to go against Legacy wagon. Step up the interior astetics with come updates.

Good car
By raji

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Malibu Maxx is very reliable and fun to drive. Pick up is good and reasonably priced compared to Honda or Toyota. With DVD option my kids love it that makes me to drive comfortably.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats with auto starter.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes with the adjustable rear seats noisy.

Mini Limo
By Fr. Scott

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car at first sight. It reminded me of a mini limo with its large comfortable backseats and skylight. The rear seats are also able to recline! The only thing I wish was that I had a DRIVER!

Favorite Features

Handles great on the road, fun to drive and a great car for the price

Suggested Improvements

Need for better quality inside looks. In particular the plastic moldings

Under rated new car
By Murfmor

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have seen only a few reviews of this new Malibu Maxx and none do justice to the car. The car is fun to drive. Very responsive,well designed and perfectly detailed. It is a very roomy car inside and the wheel base at 113.6" is longer then my Buick Park Ave. The electric steering ,rather than hydraulic steering assist gives me good road feel and the four wheel anti-lock disk brakes give a sure straight stop. I am getting 24 mpg local driving and 34 mpg on mountain trips at high speeds. With some Chevy discounts and including sales tax I paid $19700 for this car and clearly am very pleased