2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Built for Me!
By Diane Bunker on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't driven a Malibu since high school (30 some years ago!). I saw the Malibu Maxx at a school function on Thursday, took my husband to the Chevrolet dealer on Sat. and drove home with the Maxx on Sat. evening. I love it, my boys (18 and 21) love it, and I especially love the design and the way the seats fold down for hauling anything from HOme Depot. I told the salesman, the car was made for me!

Great Car
By seamaxx on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM is really got a winner. I love everthing about this car including the electronic steering

2004 Malibu Maxx
By pookiejobrian on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Leased 04 reasonable terms & pricing. Choose this vehicle for mileage rating & cargo space needed for work purposes. It has delivered both. I have been able to haul up two 8 foot ladders, and all necessary paint supplies that I normally would have used my conversion van for. The car averages 26.4 miles a gallon, combined city & hwy driving. All seats have ample leg room, the rear seats recline. There are plenty of extra feature options available. I have enjoyed my remote sunroof, remote starter, rear seat has stereo entertain center, w adapters for a portable cd or dvd player. Cons: car sits very low to ground, pass rv mirror is convex distorts view

I LOVE MY CAR !!!!
By yoa1212 on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE THE FEEL OF THIS CAR. IT HAS SO MUCH ROOM. People stop me to ask me what kind of car I have , They think it look so great.I was in an accident and was not hurt because this car is built so well. I highly recomend the maxx. The Only Con is that GM had a problem sending one of tha parts. I am still waiting for the new part, and the repair shop had to fix the old part. I get no satifation when I call chevy customer service. That is the only bad experience I have had with this car.

Maxx=Maximum Versatility & Value
By MadMaxx on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car-fast, smooth, quiet, and very airy/roomy. Versatility is AWESOME. Great MPG: averaging 28.5 in 20/80 city/hiway driving, and have hit 32.8 on 5/95 (at 65mph). Value-paid $14,299 after rebate for my '04 Maxx w/floor mats.

Excellent
By "WB9PAR" on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I compared this car to others in the same category. Nothing else in the price range could compare. Conservative styling yet sporty. Handles very well and is quite. Wind noise with windows down is an issue. So far excellant mileage (27.8 MPG) Electric steering is effortless and has good feedback.

My new car
By BigAls87Z28 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I first saw the Maxx, and was very happy to see a good looking and powerful 5dr hatch in Chevy's line up! I didnt want something big like the Magnum, or too small. The Maxx is just right! Good power and handling from the Epsilon chassis, and plenty of down low power from the 3.5. I would like to see a "SS" model with teh 3.9 and 6spd manual in the future.

Good car
By raji on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Malibu Maxx is very reliable and fun to drive. Pick up is good and reasonably priced compared to Honda or Toyota. With DVD option my kids love it that makes me to drive comfortably.

Mini Limo
By Fr. Scott on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car at first sight. It reminded me of a mini limo with its large comfortable backseats and skylight. The rear seats are also able to recline! The only thing I wish was that I had a DRIVER!

Under rated new car
By Murfmor on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have seen only a few reviews of this new Malibu Maxx and none do justice to the car. The car is fun to drive. Very responsive,well designed and perfectly detailed. It is a very roomy car inside and the wheel base at 113.6" is longer then my Buick Park Ave. The electric steering ,rather than hydraulic steering assist gives me good road feel and the four wheel anti-lock disk brakes give a sure straight stop. I am getting 24 mpg local driving and 34 mpg on mountain trips at high speeds. With some Chevy discounts and including sales tax I paid $19700 for this car and clearly am very pleased