2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
A great family car
By MaxxLover on 12/01/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our Malibu Maxx has proved to be a great family car, loaded with unexpected features which enhance its utility and appeal. From delayed door locking to remote starting capability, there is lts here to enjoy. While I have seen some critics of the car's electric steering, it feels fine to me, a former BMW driver. The interior is spacious and well designed. All in all you will enjoy driving this car - and it looks good too.

'05 Maxx LT Review
By hermaxx on 11/29/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Only 1200 miles...so far, so good. Considered Camry & Accord too but price was tough to beat on the Maxx (after dealer discount & rebate). The added convenience of the rear DVD for our 8 year old sealed the deal. I was impressed with solid structure and overall build quality. With all the features though, I wish they would have incorporated a compass into the rear view mirror like on other GM offerings. The "suede" seat inserts are upscale to the touch but the seats overall do seem to lack side bolstering...but overall are comfortable. I do plan on adding 17" wheels in the spring just to give it a little attitude.

bills hatch
By oldcoot on 11/23/04 20:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rock solid,so far. Good mileage,ride and handling. Good buy.

Fun
By Bill F on 11/17/04 06:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Walked into dealer wife saw car & fell in love with it. car is loaded with all the great options from side air bags to adjustable pedals.fun to drive.took it home an hour after she looked at.

600 Mile Review
By Seacove on 11/11/04 13:10 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 10/31 and just hit 600 miles this week. Had a Sable wagon, and after discovering that you can't find a 8 passenger vehicle other than minivans or SUVs, went with the 5 passenger Maxx as a compromise on mileage and passenger/storage versatility. I liked the look of the Maxx first time I saw one on the road (and cars don't usually turn my head), and finally figured out last week that the reason is the styling is somewhat reminiscient of my 1980 Fiesta Sport - one of the best cars I ever owned. I put off buying one until the 2005 model, due to the obvious need for spoiler and rear wiper on hatchback models. This is my 2nd ever GM vehicle (Avalanche in '03), and both are winners!

"Seniors" comfort
By Minnette on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Maxx. It is low enough to the ground that we don't have to climb up into the seats as we did in our SUV. We travel alot and the hatch makes packing so easy. The sound quality of the radio is superb and we love XM SAtellite radio. It was installed when we bought it; otherwise we probably would never have tried it. We love it! Can listen to CNN, Sports, all types of music channels, and even the old radio shows like Jack Benny and Amos and Andy.

Very useful vehicle
By Timesplitters on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car will give you the most bang for the buck when it comes down to price and actual usfulness in a sedan. It fit a full size lawnmower out of the box without a problem with the rear seats folded down. With the recling and adjustable sliding rear seatsand and a sunroof, the passengers in this car will feel at home. The standard 200 HP engine has a great deal of power and low end torque. The transmission does seem to shift harder than it should when a little extra gas is given. Chevy delivers with a vehicle that has the utility, versitilty, and price to get the job done for the person that wants the extra space in a car.

Great car that's fun to drive
By katemurawski on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is GREAT! There is so much room for passengers, and cargo. I love driving it, and I get so many people telling my car looks great and it is so comfortable.

Malibu Maxx LT
By Rudy -1 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Maxx has outstnding interior room yet it does not take up much room in my garage. The Maxx handles considerable better than most SUVs and has better gas mileage. Passangers in the rear seats enjoy the standard skylight and adjustable seats. The Maxx come with many features not found on cars of its price class such as rear adjustable seats, Tilt/Telescopic steeling, rear skylight, power adjustable brake and accelerator pedals and remote start. Great overall value.

Built for Me!
By Diane Bunker on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't driven a Malibu since high school (30 some years ago!). I saw the Malibu Maxx at a school function on Thursday, took my husband to the Chevrolet dealer on Sat. and drove home with the Maxx on Sat. evening. I love it, my boys (18 and 21) love it, and I especially love the design and the way the seats fold down for hauling anything from HOme Depot. I told the salesman, the car was made for me!