2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Maxx is cool
By John on 01/15/05 09:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A fun car to drive with superior handling and plenty of horsepower when needed. The instrumentation is user- friendly.

Sporty get up and go
By Deannie on 01/10/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun and relaxing to drive and park, it has a great turning radius and can get into hard to park places. My husband loves that. I love the roominess and the skylights in the rear and our moonroof in the front. Plus we go sattelite radio and I love that also. A 6 disc CD player , the sound is great. It has all the goodies that I would expect in a more pricey car. It is quiet, the engine is low sounding and no outside noises coming in, has power when you need it and handles well on ice and snow. The brakes are really good and so far we get an average of 27.6 mpg. We are very happy with it and reccommend it to all.

The best car I've ever had!
By Lisa on 01/09/05 11:38 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After always buying the Euro imports, I almost died when I bought this car! Our first Chevy! But I saw it in a lot and immediately was drawn to it. For the cost of what we paid and for what we've got, we're very happy. It's a great family car.

Happy with my MAXX!
By J.M. on 01/02/05 01:01 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

V6, 200HP, a family car and a rocket ship. Auto Start for those cold days, and a great interior system for comfort. 200 Watt stereo, great climate control, and every seat but the drivers folds down flat so you can haul anything you need! I am very happy, I just wish Chevy had a better warranty, 3 yr 36,000 miles dosen't show me that they have alot of faith in their cars, other foreign companies anre offering the 10/100,000 now, and america should get on the bandwagon!

It's like riding in a limo
By Robs Place on 12/22/04 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sometimes my 6yr. old and I sit in the back of our Maxx with the seats fully stretched and watch movies while my wife becomes the limo driver. The skylight in the back really adds to the overall ambience. It's never been so much fun being a passenger. I recommend this car wholeheartedly.

Solid Car, Great Price!
By Mike on 12/18/04 23:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is built very solidly, much better than the Malibu it replaces. Nice touches in the center console and the power adjustable pedals and the telescoping steering wheel are nice features on a car in this price range. Good power from the 200 horse V6, seemless shifting automatic, and commendable handling. Biggest drawback is the cloth interior, which is comfortable, but cheap looking. Like most GM products, I got a big discount, and a sweet lease deal of under $200/mo. for a nicely equipped model.

Outstanding Value
By prosdude on 12/15/04 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has it all; looks, performance and comfort. My girlfriend is especially prejudiced in favor of Japanese cars but within 5 minutes of taking the wheel of this beauty she was impressed. The electric steering is just plain great making the car very maneuverable in tight places. The adjustable pedals are another wonderful feature for a comfortable driving position. I think this car is the best value of any car on the market especially if you have a GM credit card that gives you 5% rebate towards the purchase of a new car. Mine was $19,200 out the door with sales tax and license.

Exited New Owner
By Alan Jackson on 12/09/04 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From comfort,convenience,safety, and just eye appeal GM has done a wonderful job with the Malibu Maxx. The projected mileage is arriving quickly. We are at 26+ for a mix of city and winding country two lane driving and the odometer is only 745mi. The engine has loads of power and the 112 inch weelbase provides a smooth stable and predictable ride.

I really like this car!
By Melissa on 12/08/04 12:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car that would give me flexibility and seating for five without being an SUV. I found it in this vehicle.

MAXX vs PRIUS
By MAXX on 12/02/04 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did my extensive homework on the Malibu Maxx LT, Civic and Prius hybrids. I test drove them all. I was fighting the fuel economy thing so you would think one of the two hybrids would win me over, well for the power, safety, standard features, and available options, the Malibu kept on winning me over. The 2005 model has all the safty features my family needs, and rear DVD, adjustable foot pedals, sunroof, moonroof, reclining rear seats, remote auto start, XM Radio, On-Star, and of course the great fuel economy. The sticker on this car said 22 city/30 hwy, but I feel like I am getting at least that. That is good compared to the price and options on the other two.