Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Mew Maxx
By js

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The great gas mileage with such a powerful V6 is what sold me as well as the front and rear legroom. Test drove many cars, imports as well, and couldn't find many with enough front leg room for a tall guy like me, but it's in this Maxx. Value with rebates and features remote start and side air bags.

Leg room front rear, powerful/econonmical V6, features of remote start and airbags,

Front seats could be better and longer..

My first new car
By Carlos

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first new car, previously I owned a '98 cadillac Catera. The performance of the "200" horsepower V6 is incredible, the push button sport shift is precise, smooth, and makes for one fun drive. I am a big kid and like to sit in the back seat w/ my two daughters and play video games on the 7.5 inch LCD DVD screen. It gets way over 30 MPG (I'd estimate around 34) on long highway trips. Last summer we were T-boned @ 30 MPH on the passenger side by a Tahoe, -the car is fine!! This is the first new car my wife/I have ever owned. We couldn't have done better.

DVD PLAYER!! -in a car under $30,000!

Revise the oil life system. (I went about 8,000 miles on one synthetic oil change.)

lve the Maxx
By Victor

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car! I cant believe how fast it is and what great gas mileage 26mpg so far(1000 miles). I am already getting people staring or head turns as I drive by. For a stock radio it really works very well, love my sunroof and the one in the back for the kids. There is a lot of room in the car and it was just recently rated as 4 stars in crash tests!! I am going to get some chrome wheels and get it tinted.

Pickup!

Visor mirrors covers already broke and wish they had Sirius radio instead of XM.

Good alpine driver
By eljon

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drives well on hiways and brakes very well at high speeds. Lots of passing power. Nice ride.

Steering, lots of power, corners well, nice dash design.

Better interior cloth colors.

Lots of bang for the money!
By patches

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very great car, dependable and convenient. A sure keeper. Smooth, quiet drive, lots of room, especially with two youngsters. Cargo is great. Got rid of my Blazer LT for this one, and I do not regret it. Lots of space like an SUV, but handling is far smoother. I will definitely keep this car.

Cargo, seats, DVD, remote start, heated seats, elegant look...quiet drive!

Headrest, seats ( wish real leather instead of suede) and advertise more. A lot of people like this car, but no advertising...