Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Lots of bang for the money!
By patches

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very great car, dependable and convenient. A sure keeper. Smooth, quiet drive, lots of room, especially with two youngsters. Cargo is great. Got rid of my Blazer LT for this one, and I do not regret it. Lots of space like an SUV, but handling is far smoother. I will definitely keep this car.

Cargo, seats, DVD, remote start, heated seats, elegant look...quiet drive!

Headrest, seats ( wish real leather instead of suede) and advertise more. A lot of people like this car, but no advertising...

Cute Sporty Car
By VJF

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,600 miles. Have had the car since 12/13/05. Drove in rain/snow/ice mix first day. Handled well, felt secure with traction control. Like the look and handling of the Maxx. Drove over 400 miles during the holidays with cruise at 70 and got 32.5 mpg. Have difficulty getting comfortable in the rock hard seat. Have only two electric adjustments. But the pedals and steering adjustments do help. Three adults in the back seat amazed at leg room even tho a little tight on seating and were impressed with sunroof and spacious interior.

Automatic headlight setting. Alarm and locking device. Message and info center. Ease of parking. The hooks for grocery bags. Cruise on steering wheel. The clip on the window. Plug in in the console.

Improve the comfort of the drivers seat, too hard. Interior noise reduction. Maybe different tires than Bridgestone.

To the Maxx
By Amazine

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our 1994 family Mini-van had to go. Serve us well for those years taking road trips up and down the east coast. I was in the market for another Mini- van until I saw my Maxx on the lot. Never thought I would buy a hatchback or even look at a wagon type vehicle. I narrowed my choices down to the vibe (too small),the new Mazda 5(first year) and the Ford Freestyle. I just love the Maxx from the very first test drive. It has alot more power and it handles extremely well. I went with the LT over the LS, it was money well spent. The heated leather seats, fog lights,traction control,volume controls on the steering wheel,manumantic,the fold flat rear seats are fantastic.

Power,handling,lots of interior room. Driver information center. Fits my 2 boys in the back with all their luggage for a weeks vacation.

If I had to point something out it would be MPG? 21/29 I don't think it's bad especially since my minivan wasn't that great. Oh and those shades in the back for the skylight will drive you nuts. Don't use them.

Maxx
By kierkito

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Been very happy with it. Only thing I wish I could add is remote start and heated seats. When you buy one in WI they come standard but this car was a rental in Florida. Don't they want heated seats too?

Sporty looking wagon...I dont feel like I'm driving a grocery-go-getter

Being able to add remote start once the factory has built the car, GM is unable to without voiding the warranty.

You gotta buy this car!
By Mark Z

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Here it is, one year and 30 thousand miles later. The car has performed flawlessly. I am surprized at the average 35 miles per gallon I get on the highway doing 65 Mph. Comfortable and quiet too. Lot's of pep from this adequate engine/weigth set. The negatives: The starter randomly sticks and and the car overcranks. The plastic housing on the passenger side front seat came loose. That's it. I am looking to buy a new one now.

The great fuel economy 25/35. All of the controls are easy to reach while driving.

Put a little grabber on the bottom of the rubber cup holders so they don't come loose with a large drink.