Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Created acount to post this..
By mpatricio

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car my grandparents bought brand new. Was given to my mom and then to me. It currently has 229,000km now on it. Needs transmission work for afew years now. There is a knock in the car whenever you turn right, costs 500 bucks to fix. This car has 5 recalls on it atm.. for power steering which the steering cut out on me on the busy highway as I was merging. This car has had nothing but problems over the past 2-3 years. Changed the alternator like 5 times in 2 years. Constant little isuses, enver buying a gm after the 68 and counting recalls ALONE in 2014 for chevy.

bringing chevy down

Not total happy with my Maxx
By laurie28

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Maxx in late 2004. Steering issues every year. GM kept replacing steering. Finally used a "redesigned" component that solved the problems. Tire rods replaced. Recently had loss of power steering. started working after I stopped the car. Chevy will not check it out at no charge. New brakes after 1200 miles. Back seat lever broke off. Driver seat power adjustments broke. Remote start quit working. Key fobs with new batteries still won't open or lock doors. Hatch back won't open and when to Chevy 3 times to get it fixed. One thing. Great handling and acceleration!! I won't buy another GM vehicle. Ever.

maximum contentment
By webber1

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had many cars and makes over the years. The Malibu Maxx is one of the best I've owned (into my sixth year with 80K). Normal maintenace only, couple of wheel bearings, tie rod, ball joints, new steering rack and tail light assembly. Car is into its ninth year and still drives and looks great. (I have treated it with rust proofing every other year) Would consider moving up except there is nothing out there to replace it, so I keep driving this one of a kind car and loving it still.

gas mileage, peppy performance, appearance, passenger and cargo space. Love the hatchback.

What' to improve?

WHO KNEW?
By rogerw5

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Been driving a Nissan for a while; went to a dealer to check out used Nissans. Walking through the used lot I spotted a 2005 Malibu Maxx; another customer behind me told me "best damn car GM ever produced". Took a test drive and bought it without hesitation...that was 7 years ago. Had the tranny rebuilt...only major fix in 7 years!! Getting ready to buy one for my granddaughter (college student)...she wanted mine...I gave her driving lessons and she also took her driving test in my Maxx. I just went over 133,000 miles! I want to be buried in it!

Smooth ride...the suspension is without question the best ride I've had in any GM car, including my Cadillac CTS!

None...the car was built with comfort and reliability in mind! All of the minor maintenance I do myself...so simple...for some reasons, other motorist don't like my Maxx...I've been hit 4 different times...major hits...but my Maxx is still rolling!

I Want to Keep This Car Forever!
By maxx_girl

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many cars, new and used, from MBZ's to several other GM cars, and although my MBZ 300 was a work horse, I have never had a car I love more than this. Reliable, attractive, lots of leg and head room, can fit tons of stuff into it, great mileage on the open road particularly, just a great car.

Leg room (I'm tall); capacity (I can fit 4 mos worth of stuff into it for a drive to my summer location); smooth ride; good gas mileage- esp. on the highway (32 with A/C running and car loaded).

The door strap on the driver's door will NOT keep the door open. Hate that. I would like if the rear seats could fold flat. My left rear blinker goes out more often than any other. Rear hatchback came down on my forehead a year ago when I thought it was up all the way. Had a black eye and bruised face for over a month!