2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Value of the Century -

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Value of the Century - SUV Killer!
By skibumaxx on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It holds a ton of stuff and has amazing room in the back. I love the power, but the in- town mileage is not so hot. Highway mileage is outstanding for its size and capacity. I have tinted windows and they are a must or this car would be an oven in the summer. You can tell that the body is very stiff, by the way you can hear a bump more than you feel it. We looked at small SUV's but this is a far better choice. I'm not crazy about the front styling but the side and rear views are unique and attractive. With 2 small kids and a big dog, it's just right!

Favorite Features

Remote start in the winter. A ton of thoughtful features for the price. GM has not supported this car with advertising, so you don't see them everywhere like a Honda or Toyota. I feel like I'm a member of an exclusive club.

Suggested Improvements

Electric steering is a bit weird. Torque steer is excessive. Recliner handles in the back are very fragile. Could use more gears in the tranny.