So many things to say...
By christiehall on
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Where to start? I bought this car from a used car lot in October 2011, with just over 100,000 miles for $6,500. The seat frame needed to be welded, and the other side did later. The water filter needed replacing, the belt broke in November 2011, left front wheel bearing broke in January 2012, air conditioner broke in May 2012, right front wheel bearing, spindle, hub cap, and others melted together in November 2012, as well as left front wheel bearing breaking again, back seat handle is broke, two remotes, CD player is jammed, shakes when braking, cruise control half works, etc. etc. Bad car, don't buy!
Favorite Features
The stereo system is outstanding. I plug my iPod into the auxiliary ports, turn up the bass and treble, and I feel as if the band is playing in my car. The DVD player is very convenient where it's located, and I'm sure if I had kids, it would be used daily. The space in the hatchback seems to go on forever, especially with the seats lowered. I have been able to fit an adult bike and a computer desk in there (at separate times of course). The back has great leg room. All my friends ooh and ahh at the rear moon roofs. Infinite features like trip mileage, oil change (though unreliable), MPG, and many other things.
Suggested Improvements
Everything described in the Review portion. Many of those things were the result of cheap parts. It's cost me well over $1,500 in repairs, in just one year.