Bring it Back
By daisydal14 on
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Bought this car new and only have 93,000 miles on it. I have been hit once in the left rear quarter panel and had it repaired back to new! I was getting 37mpg on the freeway for the first few yeas but I am still getting 35mpg today. In town is not so great. I absolutely love this car! I really enjoy driving it either around town or on the freeway. Still has great acceleration. Have only replaced thermostat, serpentine belt and brakes and a spring. Muffler has a small hole in it which is not surprising - in Wisconsin. Everything still works (knock on wood). The remote fob broke but I am getting it fixed at a jewelers as it needs to be soldered.
Favorite Features
Favorite features are elect. seat, and adjustable steering wheel. Making the pedals adjustable was brilliant!! I am very short and this is the first car I have owned that I don't have to have cushions under and behind me to drive. I love that the rear seat reclines and also goes back and forth. The dash is very well laid out and everything is easy to see and reach. I am sorry that GM decided not to make this car after 2007-8. The body design is still up to date in my estimation - it's a beautiful little car. Everyone I know that has one (the LS) are proud to tell you what a great car it is.
Suggested Improvements
No point - not made anymore. Too bad it was a very well designed car.