2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: only 20 miles so far, but...

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Review

only 20 miles so far, but...
By maxx_owner on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No long-term info here. I just bought this car. I had been waiting forever to GM to make a reasonably priced sporty wagon with AWD. Although the MAXX isn't particularly sporty and only has FWD, I couldn’t wait any longer. I had a sports car before, so in comparison the ride and handling are very "cushy," but I am quickly getting used to that! I thought I got a lot of options for the price. The fit and finish are nice and the interior is very roomy. The car's outward appearance makes it a "sleeper.” I think this is a flexible car that has features and utility that would be great for anyone.

Love the hatchback. Love the spaciousness. Adj. pedals are great for short people! XM is cool (but a bit distracting so far...so many channels!). Onstar is a nice feature.

AWD please! Maybe smaller headrests and wider glass in the back (if it can be accommodated structurally) for a better view? Plus parking assist, xenon headlights, and night vision. A version with more sporty handling and performance would be nice as well (SS ver next year)?