only 20 miles so far, but...
By maxx_owner on
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
No long-term info here. I just bought this car. I had been waiting forever to GM to make a reasonably priced sporty wagon with AWD. Although the MAXX isn't particularly sporty and only has FWD, I couldn’t wait any longer. I had a sports car before, so in comparison the ride and handling are very "cushy," but I am quickly getting used to that! I thought I got a lot of options for the price. The fit and finish are nice and the interior is very roomy. The car's outward appearance makes it a "sleeper.” I think this is a flexible car that has features and utility that would be great for anyone.
Favorite Features
Love the hatchback. Love the spaciousness. Adj. pedals are great for short people! XM is cool (but a bit distracting so far...so many channels!). Onstar is a nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
AWD please! Maybe smaller headrests and wider glass in the back (if it can be accommodated structurally) for a better view? Plus parking assist, xenon headlights, and night vision. A version with more sporty handling and performance would be nice as well (SS ver next year)?