2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: One month, 600+ miles later

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

One month, 600+ miles later
By maxx_owner_part2 on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I 1st saw the Maxx at the Auto Show, I thought it was intriguing but I never thought Id own a Chevy. After 600+ miles (since my 20-mile review), my opinion has only improved. The car is very cute appearance-wise. Gas mileage is decent: 24 mpg (driving almost exclusively on suburban surface streets). The easy handling is growing on me. The car does a good job of shutting out road noise and has a very smooth ride. The doors and hatch need to be closed with a bit of force, though. The die-hard sports-car aficionados I know turn up their noses at my car, but people who appreciate fun, comfort, and convenience love it!

I didnt think I would use the remote start, but a recent cold snap has made me appreciate it. I like the Onstar personal calling. XM is neat. I love the open feeling a hatchback gives to the passenger compartment, but miss the view I had with my Firebird (less rear glass on the Maxx)

Last time I listed "dream" features I like on other cars(night vision, etc). Realistically, the headrests need improvement (doesn't bother me but drives others crazy). After 9 yrs with my Firebird, I expect to keep this one for a while as well, but an AWD SS might make me buy sooner!