2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Great Alternative to SUV

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

Great Alternative to SUV
By warden on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vechicle to fill my need for a family vechicle which would could do some hauling. In the past, I had chosen a variety of SUVs & pickups to meet this need. Great vechicle for hauling people and stuff if you don't need 4wd. Fairly good mpg, lots of space, considerably cheaper than an SUV of similar size. Overall a great alternative to an SUV if you don't need 4wd. I chose this over a Equinox, Escape, CRV, Liberty, and several other small/mid-size suvs as it has almost as much space, is considerably cheaper, gets better MPG, and offers features (telescoping wheel and movable petals) that no one else has. I am 6'3" and my wife is 5' and we can both drive this car.

Telescoping wheel and movable pedals, hatch back, adjustable rear cargo cover, engine, power seats, cargo capacity

Lose the rear seat sun roofs, they are not very useful, and the covers on them pop open every time you hit a bump. Provide AWD, luggage rack, and sports tuned suspension options. Wider rear hatch opening.