Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Great car for teens
By JwSugar

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car to carry things as well as people with good fuel economy. It has great pick up and can pass with ease. I drive 120 miles to work everyday and I never feel like I'm in a small car.

Get up and go!

Upholstery needs improvement. It claims to be leather interior, however, the inside portions are not, only the outer edges are.

Chevy's best secret!
By Kelley

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very well designed, I get nearly 40 MPG on the highway. All in all even around town using the factory installed remote start,over 25 miles per gallon! Electronic steering handles like a dream. Can't wait to get a new 2007!

MPG, remote start, heated seats, lots of room, elecctronic steering

Even more MPG?! As far as I can tell that car is close to perfect! Maybe a little suede/stain protection on the lighter seats.

My Chevy
By D Kerlin

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been very reliable on long trips and around town. We have experienced great gas mileage (34) on the highway and have been very satisfied with the ride. The interior is very well designed and all controls are placed well for the driver.

Ride, looks, complete comfort on long trips.

Tilt wheel could go to a lower position for tall drivers.

I love It!
By angie d

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now and I really love the style and the way it drives. I've only had 1 mishap with my car and that was with the automatic light system. I ran out my battery by leaving my car on and forgetting about the lights. That has been my only mishap.

I love the entertainment package that included the DVD player. It is great if you have kids that sit in the back seat.

As for the entertainment package. I hope that they offer a front seat passanger DVD for those sitting in the passanger seat. That would be a nice feature.

Just a great car
By PATIENCE

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. It has so many great features that come standard. I've always recieved compliments on the sound system, and spacious interior. I was rear-ended and the car that hit me looked like it had been in a major accident, while you couldn't tell that my Malibu had been hit. This car was involved in an unfortunate incident where it went over a 35-40 ft enbankment and landed on its nose. There were 2 passengers, one wearing their seatbelt and one not, they were both able to walk away from the accident,and when tow trucks arrived and got all four wheels on the ground, the Malibu started with no problem. There's no arguement that this is just a great car!

DVD player, moonroof, standard remote start, folding seats, spacious interior

Radio controls in the steering wheel