Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

I love It!
By angie d

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now and I really love the style and the way it drives. I've only had 1 mishap with my car and that was with the automatic light system. I ran out my battery by leaving my car on and forgetting about the lights. That has been my only mishap.

I love the entertainment package that included the DVD player. It is great if you have kids that sit in the back seat.

As for the entertainment package. I hope that they offer a front seat passanger DVD for those sitting in the passanger seat. That would be a nice feature.

Just a great car
By PATIENCE

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. It has so many great features that come standard. I've always recieved compliments on the sound system, and spacious interior. I was rear-ended and the car that hit me looked like it had been in a major accident, while you couldn't tell that my Malibu had been hit. This car was involved in an unfortunate incident where it went over a 35-40 ft enbankment and landed on its nose. There were 2 passengers, one wearing their seatbelt and one not, they were both able to walk away from the accident,and when tow trucks arrived and got all four wheels on the ground, the Malibu started with no problem. There's no arguement that this is just a great car!

DVD player, moonroof, standard remote start, folding seats, spacious interior

Radio controls in the steering wheel

Great ride
By Colorado Springs

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My family just completed a 900 mile round trip from Colorado Springs to New Mexico. The V6 Maxx averaged 70 mph and achieved 35.6 mpg going and 33.6 coming back. This trip included mountain driving. XM satellite worked great out in the mountains. I love this car. I would buy another.

The telescope steering wheel and adjustable pedels and rear seat make it easy on my 6'2" frame.

My only complaint is the sun visor is too small.

Great Car
By Lisa Mundy

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car!! I can haul items I could not haul in a sedan. I have had this car full to the brim with potting soil and bark mulch, flats of flowers and there was still room for a bit more. I drive a lot of highway miles and I am always very comfortable with the seating and access to the controls. It handles great.

My most favorite feature is the automatic start. I do not have a garage and in the winter and summer it is great to have a warm/cool car. Especially with a small child

Best vehicle in its class
By HWYman

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving this vehicle in a climate prone to ice, snow and rain, for the last two years and 55,000 mi., I can only express my gratitude to Chevy for building such a safe, reliable, incredibly responsive, ultra fuel efficient vehicle. It has the pep and style of a sports car, the handling of a formula 1, and the gas economy of a sub compact. The AVG. fuel efficiency has been consistently 28 MPG city and 32 MPG HWY. It has the comfort of a Caddy, the roomiest rear seat around, the horse power of a mini Corvette, and a unique style that says " classy chassis." The price is right and the many options are all 21st century.

Adjustable brake and gas pedals, heated seats, programmable key fobs, remote start, "tailgate" ready, OnStar, XM radio, duel moon roofs, 3.5 liter engine, shiftable automatic trans, amazing rear seat leg room, fold down front seat for computer use, separate, radio controls for the rear, and DVD.

Brighter head lights and more utilitarian fog lamps. Spoiler on rear hatch.