2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
We like it!
By CPTBK124 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded our 2003 Ford Expedition for the Maxx for better fuel mileage. After driving the Maxx for almost 12,000 miles; our family enjoys the ride, comfort and most importantly the fuel economy. We still miss the Expedition, but we are reminded we made the right choice when we are at the pump.

Arizona review of Malibu Maxx
By Frank S. on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No problems to report, no quality issues. Finding the V6 has plenty of power. Ride and handling are great for a car in this price range.

A lot for the money
By 4 chevies on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rebates and discounts got me this $23,150 Maxx LS with preferred package for an even $13,000. I priced them for months and waited until the time was right.This vehicle has a great blend of features for performance, comfort, economy, etc.

A lot of car for the money...
By szerfas on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We replaced our 98 Malibu with this new Maxx. There is an impressive amount of car here for the money when combined with all the rebate. This car is very quiet, responsive and powerful. The construction of this car is much more solid then anything GM we have seen before. Our biggest complaint is some initialy quality issues. We had a squeaky lift gate (dealer has not fixed), and an innacurate gas gage (dealer fixed by replacing tank). I find the reviews including edmunds don't give enough credit to the power with great gas mileage on REGULAR fuel, with the cost of gas very important to us. There are a lot of good ideas in this car and amazing amount of technology.

I love My Maxx
By mediagrl on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2004 Malibu Maxx LT last week. A lot of features that are found on luxury sedans came standard on the LT; heated/power leather seats, remote start, rear sky light, and lots of safety features. The Maxx shares the Epsilon platform with the Saab 9-3 so it has a tight, tuned feel. The 210 HP-V6 engine gives the Maxx some power off the line.

Malibu Maxx LT - LOVE TO DRIVE!
By StacyShipley on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently turned in my Jeep Liberty after test driving the Malibu Maxx. I fell in love with it as soon as I got behind the wheel. I must admit though, I was nervous about getting a car after years of riding high in an SUV. BUT, in the Maxx I don't feel like I'm riding too low. I have a long commute to work and the XM radio saves me from the boring talk radio! The heated seats in Michigan are a must!

Beth's Mal Maxx 2004
By lusherbe on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, pretty happy with the car...low payments for a reliable car that has great get up and go.

Crappy quality, stay away
By zezaaa on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

At the test drive I explain to the dealer that there is strange noise, the answer--this is a different car, engine sounds different. At 400 miles has several problems--including severe one: needs major transmission work! Dealership gives me headaches with repair--they would give me a rental car, but only for the first three days, and repairs will take longer. Not to "waste" my three days over the weekend, they let me take back my car but I "should drive the car as little as possible not to cause more damage"! GM customer service explained to me how I can ask coworkers/friends to drive me around or get a taxi!!! This is my fourth GM car in a row and this was my last GM one, end of story!

Maxx is fun and zippy
By Bradley P on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm having a ball driving this head- turner. I traded my 2003 Trailblazer because of its bad gas mileage in-town and highway (never better than 16-18 mpg). The 2004 Malibu Maxx LT has met all my expectations--it really does get 32 mpg on the highway and it really hauls! I am having run zipping around town and sieze any opportunity for a road trip. Love the roomy interior with space for me and four friends and the cargo room is exceptional for a midsize car. Get one and get fun!

Try it!
By townhome on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If you haven't driven a Chevy in a few years, you will be very impressed. My Malibu Maxx is highly competative with all other mid-size cars, foreign or domestic. The hatchback is so useful, I don't understand why most Americans are opposed it to. You get all of the utility of an SUV with MUCH better gas milage and much better performance, plus a lower sticker price. In addition, Chevy has packed so much standard equipment in, I keep finding little details that make me say "Hey, that's cool......"