2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Great Alternative to SUV
By warden on 02/02/05 07:12 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vechicle to fill my need for a family vechicle which would could do some hauling. In the past, I had chosen a variety of SUVs & pickups to meet this need. Great vechicle for hauling people and stuff if you don't need 4wd. Fairly good mpg, lots of space, considerably cheaper than an SUV of similar size. Overall a great alternative to an SUV if you don't need 4wd. I chose this over a Equinox, Escape, CRV, Liberty, and several other small/mid-size suvs as it has almost as much space, is considerably cheaper, gets better MPG, and offers features (telescoping wheel and movable petals) that no one else has. I am 6'3" and my wife is 5' and we can both drive this car.

Buy it with your eyes closed, so good
By Rajinder Goyal on 01/11/05 20:17 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just love this car. Packed with unbelievable features, it is a luxury at an affordable price.

Great value in a fun little car.
By Maxx02360 on 12/30/04 15:17 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After a month of driving, I am really impressed with this little car. It handles well and is very responsive. I have the LT with heated leather seats, remote start, climate control, power sun-roof, 6 CD in dash stereo, DVD player, etc... Totally loaded. A 2004 leftover, I paid less than half of what I spent on my last car. I admit that the deal I was able to make had a lot to do with me buying this car. But, this car is a real sleeper. This is not a car the will impress your neighbors, unless they got to drive it. Anyway, I've already got the impressive car in the drive way. (Our other vehicle is a Yukon Denali XL.)

Its All About Value
By Malibu Maxximum on 12/24/04 14:31 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. I have been driving 25 years and this car has been a very pleasant surprise. Solid. Peppy. Base V6 Maxx LS really is pretty loaded. My sister in law has 4 cylinder Camry. She spent $2500+ more, but got much less. Now if this car is as reliable as many of the recent GM makes, that would certainly make this car a steal.

We Will See How Good It Is!!!
By Robert Lamason on 12/22/04 01:31 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far the Malibu Max has been a good car to drive. It seems to have quite a bit of get up and go. The rear view is not so great, but it will do. The car rides good for a car. Priced right with the discounts and easy to deal with the dealership in my case as I will not hassel over price and I did not have to, which is one very good reason I liked the deal!!! Hope the car holds up well as I have not purchase a new car for many years.

All that wears a Bowtie...
By The Cap'n on 12/20/04 18:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Malibu Maxx after discovering it was a twin under the skin with the Saab 9-3 and the Vauxhall Vectra wagon, which we drove in the UK on vacation. There are a lot of sneaky neat features on this car, and while not a top of the line Mercedes, it is fun, manouverable, and a lot of car for the money. Worth a look.

Will not buy again
By Craig on 12/14/04 14:12 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my Malibu for 7,500 miles now and if I could get out from under it without taking a bath it would be gone tomorrow. I drive 120 miles daily and this is the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. The seat bases are far too short hitting me mid thigh and causing pain in my legs after only 20 minutes of driving. The electric power steering is a poor choice and needs more boost at highway speeds. An hour of driving and my hands are cramped. The suspension works great in town but on smooth blacktop it sets up a harmonic vibration at 45-65 mph that shakes the entire car...very poorly designed. Tranny does not shift into high without letting off the gas.

Great Car
By rwa000 on 12/01/04 18:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have always had either large vehicles or sports cars , this vehicle fits both of our needs and is fun to drive. We did have a problem with the head rests but all you have to do is take them out and turn them around, very comfortable and pretty fast

Malibu Maxx
By GBahnUT on 11/27/04 13:28 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a nice design with many great features. The build quality is suspect since it has numerous rattles all over.

Great vehicle
By Frank Hemphill on 11/06/04 11:23 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife...she loves it, and so do I. It has all the bells and whistles including a DVD.