2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Maxx car for Mini price
By maxxowner on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Maxx is fun to drive. It's peppy, and the steering is sensitive, even though it's front wheel drive. I got a lot of options for a relatively low sticker price. As for the interior, I like that almost everything in the driver’s space is adjustable, including the pedals. The leather seats are really soft and are texturized with little breathable holes that keep the leather from getting sticky and hot. I like the Maxx's unique design (built on Saab platform) and its safety features.

It's Maxximum Love
By oldntired1950 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had the Maxx for a couple of weeks, but so far it's lived up to every expectation. The interior is comfortable and well thought out. The seat, steering and pedal adjustments mean that anyone, including my 4'9" wife can find a comfortable position. The engine has plenty of power and the brakes are great. Even the electric steering that I had heard such terrible things about provides ease in parking and decent feel on the highway. I love the bells and whistles like the automatic climate control, automatic light control, the XM radio and OnStar. I think that the General has finally given us a winner!

owner
By lichtenfels on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like the vehicle, took it for 1st ride today and found the headrest bothers me, I must hold my head at an unnatural angle. Driver's seat hard to get adjusted and not sure I like the limited manuerability of the steering wheel. Buick had more up & down positions avail. Other than those things, handles great and nice ride. Like the idea of tilting back seats & adj. offered in back.

rave for maxx
By nj scribe on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since I keep a car for 10-plus years I am a hard sell. Something new must be way better. The Maxx fills the bill at a (relatively) bargain price. The amount of passenger and cargo room, the level of comfort, and the high-tech features such as remote starting, satellite (xm) radio, on star communications, heated seats, and convertible seats (passenger to work table surface, rear to cargo area. etc.) make this unique vehicle more than worth the 28k price.

Malibu 04
By stock on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The best car I have ever bought.