Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

All that wears a Bowtie...
By The Cap'n

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Malibu Maxx after discovering it was a twin under the skin with the Saab 9-3 and the Vauxhall Vectra wagon, which we drove in the UK on vacation. There are a lot of sneaky neat features on this car, and while not a top of the line Mercedes, it is fun, manouverable, and a lot of car for the money. Worth a look.

Remote start, hatch releases. The sneaky little map pocket on the front of the driver's seat. Cargo cover. Auto- headlites which can be overridden.

Cloth seats could be a bit cushier, but they are comfy enough, even on road trips.

Will not buy again
By Craig

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my Malibu for 7,500 miles now and if I could get out from under it without taking a bath it would be gone tomorrow. I drive 120 miles daily and this is the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. The seat bases are far too short hitting me mid thigh and causing pain in my legs after only 20 minutes of driving. The electric power steering is a poor choice and needs more boost at highway speeds. An hour of driving and my hands are cramped. The suspension works great in town but on smooth blacktop it sets up a harmonic vibration at 45-65 mph that shakes the entire car...very poorly designed. Tranny does not shift into high without letting off the gas.

Start over with a clean sheet of paper.

Great Car
By rwa000

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have always had either large vehicles or sports cars , this vehicle fits both of our needs and is fun to drive. We did have a problem with the head rests but all you have to do is take them out and turn them around, very comfortable and pretty fast

Tilt, Power pedals , Cargo space and preety quick, reached 125 mph with no problem

better stereo and larger wheels

Malibu Maxx
By GBahnUT

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a nice design with many great features. The build quality is suspect since it has numerous rattles all over.

Sliding rear seats. Hatchback design.

Build better. Most of us hate rattles, especially in a car on which we spent more than $25K.

Great vehicle
By Frank Hemphill

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife...she loves it, and so do I. It has all the bells and whistles including a DVD.

Sun roof and DVD