2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
MAXX to the Limit
By RoxanneN/J on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought the MAXX this week. Love it. Kids Love it. Traded reliable Malibu for MAXX with SUV space without SUV Maintenance. Opted for the LS version and bought individual DVD players for my 2 kids at $130.00 a pop. Don't need Onstar, but can install later if need to. Cheaper than installing the DVD Entertainment System. After seeing this at the Auto Show. I patiently waited for the MAXX. SUV Space w/the feel of a car and w/out SUV Price, Gas & Maintenance.

I Am Happy
By tjintenn on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage has been as advertised, 22 mpg in town and 31 on highway in 2 months/2000 miles with the Maxx. The adjustable pedals and telescoping wheel were necessary with my 6'2" frame. Driving the Maxx is much more enjoyable than my previous minivan.

A New Standard
By Stargate202 on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The MAXX is a new standard for a mid- size solidily built mid-priced all purpose car. If you are tired of the SUV ride and need some room for cargo (though nothing that is large in one package) the Maxx should be looked at. I had one of the earlier Malibu a 97. It was a good car but just plain jane. The Maxx has some style, a lot of get up and go, great gas milage and is fun to drive, all at a reasonable price. I mean 2 - 4 thousand less then rest of the pack with same options. The 6 inch longer wheelbase gives a much better ride then the Sedan model.

To the Maxx!
By njscribe on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have now driven 2500 maxx-miles. Car came in perfect condition and no faults or flaws have shown up. Continued to discover features. GM has trumped the competition, including honda and toyota. The quality of design and materials is unsurpassed, and the price is a tremendous bargain for what you get. Edmunds has totally missed figuring out that the maxx really is an EXTENDED SEDAN like Chevy is advertising and not a "large wagon" like they have classified it. What is unique about maxx is that it provides so much comfort for four or five people. In that regard it is like a compact limo.

Salesman Swears Off Minivans
By hiramT on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Delighted with this solid, feature- packed, versatile car. Nice pickup; great room for 4 adults; switches to office or hauler. Build quality 97% of wife's Accord, but lots more features for the money. This is the best domestic in its class, and may be a better buy for anyone looking at an import. Everyone's surprised at the comfort, ride, and handling.

only 20 miles so far, but...
By maxx_owner on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No long-term info here. I just bought this car. I had been waiting forever to GM to make a reasonably priced sporty wagon with AWD. Although the MAXX isn't particularly sporty and only has FWD, I couldn’t wait any longer. I had a sports car before, so in comparison the ride and handling are very "cushy," but I am quickly getting used to that! I thought I got a lot of options for the price. The fit and finish are nice and the interior is very roomy. The car's outward appearance makes it a "sleeper.” I think this is a flexible car that has features and utility that would be great for anyone.

GREAT CAR
By GINGER on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

THIS NEW MAXX IS A GREAT LITTLE CAR TO DRIVE.

Best Hatchback made
By Drummer182 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car is fast as hell, plenty of room, remote start, dvd package.. everyone I know loves it

A very cute car!
By ladygreeneyes on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car's interior, comfortable, easy handling, visual ability...unfortunately the stats on fuel mileage by the manufacturer are not accurate...they state 22 city/30 hwy...I'm getting 17+ to 19 Hwy. The dealer service is telling me I "have to break the car in...give it at least 1200 miles". I didn't have to "break" my Impala in...it was 'right on the money'!

Sleeper Chevy
By Nameless on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up the car. Roughly 500 mi on it now. It has excellent power with great fuel economy. We got the LT loaded with nearly every option including DVD. The kids love it. (My daughter especially likes the "warm bottom seats", my son the DVD) This car is a "sleeper". Kind of boring on the outside but absolutely packed with every possible feature on the inside. The Malibu will be my wife's car. She believes it has all the features of her previous Honda Accord with none of the negatives. She is also more concerned with function over style and in pure functionality this car shines well above the others in the mid-size "pack"