2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
masx
By olibob on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everthing great, better milage than expected and can live with it.

How to fix headrest
By hugeholstein on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just wanted to let people know that I was not going to purchase this car because of the front headrest being so far forward until I realized that the back headrests don't reach as far forward. I just switched the front and the rear headrests and the problem was solved. Hope this idea helps others out. Too few miles to review the rest of the car.

New Chev Maxx
By meg/joe on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a Chevrolet Impala but after seeing the Malibu Maxx I changed my mind. I had previously owned a Chev Tahoe and wanted to get something smaller. When I saw the Malibu Maxx it was what I wanted. With the hatchback/wagon style of the Maxx it gives me all the room I need, especially with the folding front and rear seats.

Happy to the Maxx
By warygent on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got the loaded LT Maxx. I feel the car gives much more value for the money than anything alse in the class both in features and performance. The styling won't turn any heads but the interior is top notch and the flexibility great. The car came with no defects and the dealership was great in getting the Onstar and XM radio set up.

max 31104
By hawks on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

INTERIOR ROOM COMPAIRS WITH FULL SIZE CARS PERFORMACE AND GASOLINE ECONOMY OUTSTANDING GOOD HANDLING AND VERY QUEIT PERFECT HEATER AND AIR CONDITION CONTROL FLEXABLE USE OF CARGO AREA

One month, 600+ miles later
By maxx_owner_part2 on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I 1st saw the Maxx at the Auto Show, I thought it was intriguing but I never thought I’d own a Chevy. After 600+ miles (since my 20-mile review), my opinion has only improved. The car is very cute appearance-wise. Gas mileage is decent: 24 mpg (driving almost exclusively on suburban surface streets). The easy handling is growing on me. The car does a good job of shutting out road noise and has a very smooth ride. The doors and hatch need to be closed with a bit of force, though. The die-hard sports-car aficionados I know turn up their noses at my car, but people who appreciate fun, comfort, and convenience love it!

Maxx is the maxx
By sam2982 on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The new Malibu Maxx is innovative and performs great. It offers a smooth ride with all the bells and whistles. Great car for the price.

First day 700 miles
By occking on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. After having 2003 Buick RVD for months (which I hated mainly cause it was so underpowered & never got great gas mileage) amd Acura MDX for 2 years and Lexus RX300 for 2 years, never thought I would spend as little as $24,000 (plus 0 percent financing) for a car with all of the features I need. Drove 700 miles in first day, averaged 28.5 per gallon which is pretty good for a brand new vehicle

malibu review
By cwgunn on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

great car, lots of room, great rear sun roof, fun to drive

It's fun again
By firstchevyguy on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the LT loaded and it's hard to believe this is a Chevy. With much research, I got more bang for the buck in this automobile than I could get with Mitsu, Nissan, Honda,VW or Chrysler. It is put together well, responsive (although no rubber burner) and comes with important safety features like the side air curtains.