2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Very Impressive
By chuckster on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I agree that the front headrests are to far forward. Try this, pull them off and turn them backward, worked for me. Getting 21MPG in city 32MPG on long freeway trip. Very confortable and quiet. MPG on trip meter is sometimes right on but usually optimistic, it is annoying that it changes in large incriments(goes from 30.8 to 31.7 in one step). 'Range to empty' actually leaves almost 2 gallons in the tank. Only annoyance is that the rear skylite shades will snap open, especially when the plactic holding the shade gets hot and flexes. Scares my 5 year old.

luvmymaxx
By mymaxx on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the LS with 1SB package. I'm 6'2" have more leg room than in my Venture van. This car is quiet and comfortable. I love the way it handles and performs. I drive narrow winding single lane country roads where the need to pass is important. The Maxx has no problem going from 55 to 80 within the short passing zones. It's made driving back and forth to work fun again. For under $20,000, I believe this car has an excellent price/performance ratio.

the Maxx
By Vi on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love it, I love it, I love it

Not Too Bad!?
By mattchoo on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a couple problems we have had to replace the wiper switch, all the rubber window moldings, and now the temp gauge is stuck on cold and the electric fan runs all the time. We traded in a 2000 volkswagen jetta that was a lemon i hope this is not going to be the same thing.?

Maxx-Happy
By Maxx-Happy on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in Honda 2001 CRV with 19,000 miles, have an Accord but even there the Maxx is so much better. After driving the Maxx, the Honda CRV was like driving a truck. Though I hope the dependability is as good as Hondas.

Underrated
By bigben26 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Maxx is an impressive buy. It offers incredible features for a reasonable price, and it even turns heads... (that's free). Not regretting the purchase one bit.

Something Different
By d8933 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving it for a week, the Maxx has proven once again that Chevy is trying to compete with other hatchbacks in the market. The drive is smooth and quiet. The comfort level is good and sound system is nice. Fuel economy is yet to be determined for me.

2004 Maxx LT
By PAO on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great buying experience, went into dealership with my bottomline price including taxes and title, based on Edmunds and KBB sites and dealer had no problems..fully loaded LT with all options off the lot for $24K total price. 1600 miles on the car in two months and no problems...good combination of highway and city driving, very responsive on the interstate, great gas mileage 31 MPG at 70MPH with the AC on

Malibu Maxx
By jesterswench on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car on March 31st. I took it to Florida 2 days later. It was one of the most enjoyable and comfortable rides I ever had. The car handles wonderfully, the ease of use for the cruise control is a nice feature. The information center gives me all the info I need while traveling. It was a pleasure to drive. Everywhere I went, I was stopped by folks inquiring about my new car.

malibu maxx
By Letitia Simmet on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very peppy car with the 3.5L 6 cycle engine, you step on the gas and it means business. Comfortable driving with all the buttons at your fingertips.