2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
I like the MAXX
By ADLS on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have only had our Maxx for a short time now, but enjoy it. We have taken a short 1 hour road trip, and found it really comfortable. We bought the LT 1SA package. Depending on the wife, I hope we keep the car.

3 months now
By scraphappy on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

after looking for and researchig new cars for 6 months this fit all my family of 5 requirements at a bargin price.

I like it
By SSCHMITT on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

ITs a nice car for the money. It rides smooth and is peppy not fast but has enough power. Interior needs some work but overall I like it nice buy. I have 1055 miles on mine.

Not my '71 Malibu
By cmeastern on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

While this is not the hi-performance, head-turning, muscle of our dark blue 2004 Maxx has drawn looks, even from a group of teen boys who said it was "a cool car." The technology is quite a step up from the 1991 Grand Am it replaces, or our 1994 S-10 Blazer, so it has taken some getting use to, and a lot of checks of the owner's manual to figure out everything in it. It handles almost as good as our 1987 Z28 and has very good acceleration for a V6 of only 3.5 liters (big step up from the Blazer's 4.3-liter V6.) Got about 33 mpg on our first 900-mile trip at mostly 65 mph four-lane travel. Very quiet, low road noise. A fog light optio

TAKE IT TO THE MAXX!
By MAX X WELL on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Liked the concept, wife did not. test drove an Aztek and a Vue, looked @ some others and then to shut me up Wifey test drove the Maxx. Nuff said, two hours later it was in our driveway. We have two small kids, you can not beat the rear seats and remote starts, love getting in the cool car! (wish now we went for the LT)

It's about time, big bang for the buck.
By pstone on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If you want good power and very good fuel economy look no further. This is a very comfortable vehicle to drive smooth and quiet. It is suprising that the Malibu is the quietest car GM makes? Go figure is is quieter than any of the currently available Cadillacs. Safety was a concern of mine but all the data thus far seems to indicate that this is a very safe car. I was driving a Honda Accord EX before this car which was a great car, but I think Chevrolet has been trying for years to measure up to Honda and Toyota and has never been able to get the job done until now. Now they have the better car inside and out.

malibu is back
By arcaneds on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought this car for my pregnant wife because of safety features, hatchback and room, but i love to drive it!

Like this car alot
By brbakery on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nicely designed, sporty, comfortable, very pleasant, and not big at all, but tons of room- and I have no love of cars- they are a necessary expense. Has great standard features I would never get if I had to pay extra. Nice dash, recommend getting power driver seat. Haven't gone through my first tank of gas, so not sure about mileage. Hope it's good in the snow. Got a great deal with the rebate. Was looking at: Vibes. Previously owned: geo prizms (no frills)

Mileage Great
By AttyVH on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just drove over 3000 miles on a trip and averaged 31 mpg. Most of the trip was with the AC ON. Had all the pickup when necessary. A very confortable car to drive. With XM radio, made the trip even better.

Well Designed Auto
By gerber on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Strong features include: Comfortable seats--both front and rear; smooth and well controlled ride; relatively little lean cornering at 65-75 mph on the freeway; smooth automatic transmission; good low and middle range torque; good gas mileage; responsive stearing;