2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )
Great car
By linda howell on 07/15/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The Lumina has been a very dependable car. We have gotten about 38 miles per gallon on trips from NYS to North Carolina. This is better than our 2005 Toyota Camry. It is roomy and comfortable.

2001 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan
By frank on 06/01/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase the car in Feb 2002 with 25k miles and still driving it 2008 with 90k miles. Overall good value for the price. Intake manifold gasket needed replaced and couple of check engine light problems are the only issues.

Like a rock
By kalibur on 04/20/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for 700 dollars with 95,500 miles on it from a friend in the towing business. It needed a transmission paid 450 for it 300 to install it. AC went out four months later other than that no major mechanical problems. good on gas if you fill the tank (20-24 city 29-33 highway)the only problem i with the car is the bland interior and exterior chevy should have sent the lumina out with a bang such as adding cd player, power seats, alloy rims,fog lights,sun roof, power mirrors. the only luxury feature it has is the keyless entry and trunk release

Great Car
By Rutan Kid on 04/06/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car because we previously owned a Lumina and liked it and the price was right. The car handles well, has plenty of power, and gets decent gas mileage. It's large enough that my family (husband and two teenage sons) can ride comfortably without being cramped. Although it doesn't have all the "bells and whistles," it has the amenities (keyless entry, trunk release, power locks, and power windows) that I've come to want in a vehicle. All in all, a great family car and a good buy. It should last us for many years. When we sold our 1992 Lumina, it had 187,000 miles on it.

Great car - good MPG for a car this big
By Pete Anderson on 01/10/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2003, and have driven it for about 15,000 miles a year since then. I have only had minor issues with the car including replacing brakes, new tires, and i had a fluke where the ignition switch had to be replaced one time. Overall i've been very happy with this vehicle, one of the most trouble free cars I've ever owned.

Been a good car for us
By Vicki on 02/16/07 12:53 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We have experienced no mechanical failures with this car. We've had to replace tires, brakes and a battery, the expected. Highway mpg is around 30. Amazing for a car of this size. Mileage around town not quite so good, but within limits. Car is confortable and quiet on the road. Poor quality of console drink holder. It broke early in our ownership. We had the windows tinted darker, better for our hot Texas summers. Installed CD/radio unit for our own pleasure. We were in a pressure situation when we purchased this car and didn't notice until later that we'd overlooked a few things, like trunk release.

Love my Lumina
By Vinnie on 04/19/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for almost 5 years, the gas mileage on hiway for me is around 34 or 35 and city driving is around 25. I love my Lumina and have had very few problems with it. After all I bought it as an auction vehicle that was previously used for a rental company.

So far so good
By kolocar on 03/31/05 15:40 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for about 6 months, and have had no mechanical issues at all. No LTZ (F41) suspension means it handles with typical Chevy mediocrity; fair amount of body roll & it plows readily around tight corners. Smooth and quiet on the highway though. Amazing MPG for its size - averaging mid-20s, never less than 22MPG. I estimate pure highway mileage at 70- 85MPH at around 32 MPG. 3.1V6 175hp plenty peppy, but not lightning quick. Drives like it has a 4bbl carb - huge, noticable surge in acceleration with pedal pushed past 1/2 way or more to floor - but its fuel injected. Gives it a nice nostalgic driving feel. Reasonably comfortable long distance driver.

GREAT TRANSPORTATION VALUE
By 59FATMAN on 11/11/04 16:16 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Lumina and is used as our primary family car. I believe it is very good on fuel relative to its size. It has had no mechanical or trim problems and was available at a very reasonable price. The engine is the 3.1 liter with 175 hp. My assessment is based on the experience of having owned 54 vehicles of my own over a period of time. The combination of economy, reliability and price is hard to beat.

Stylish
By Chuck Davis on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for two years and enjoy driving especially highway driving. It has a strong 6 cylinder and good fuel economy.