Used 2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Old Faithful
By D. Johnson

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this car for several years and now have over 204,000 miles on it. Highway mileage is 30 + which on a car of this size and weight is good. The only drawback for me is getting in and out of the car, comfort while driving is good even though the seat is worn. Repairs have been minimal. The intake gasket had to be replaced and other than that only brakes, tires, oil changes and other normal maint. has been necessary.

A Great American Car
By Jim

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 96 Lumina that went forever with no maintenance. Bought this 2001 for son, with 74K miles, and he's driven it up to 150,000 miles now with virtually NO maintenance and NO problems. A tremendously well made reliable car.

Zero problems, almost zero maintenance cost. Love the exterior design.

Brakes should have been larger, and drink holder not good.

P.O.J
By Aiden

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The transmission jerks when I try to speed up, I have to floor it to get up any hill at a minimum of 40 mph. The heat takes way to long to warm up compared to other vehicles I've driven. The gas stinks, I think a Hummer would be better. This car is big and bulky on the outside but I have to sit weird and lean the seat all the way back to have any room (No, I'm not a fat person and I'm only 6'1) and this car, for the msrp and being the last year it was made as a Lumina, is worthless in trade in and private party value.

Despite it stinking in nearly every aspect, it has not died on me or the previous owner.

Everything.

Pretty freakin' awesome
By Brianna

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for less than a year. My dad bought it for me and it has been... okay. It has problems with the coolant tank (leaking), the security light and low coolant light ALWAYS stay on, and the mileage is pretty crappy. It was almost totaled when the sparkplug heads warped, and cost a fortune to fix. Other than that, I LOVE this car, and I love to drive it. I hope it doesn't die again!

Love the acceleration, how it handles, and just how it looks. Very handsome car.

The air vents are badly placed, and the far right one (on mine) doesn't work at all.

Here is Reliability
By Jim Shurden

2001 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 8 years now with no major failures. I get 32-34mpg on the highway and about 21-24 mpg in town. I have done regular maintenance on it and at 105,000 miles it is still going strong!

Maybe a little more front seat leg room but it is no big deal. Maybe have doors lock when taken out of park.