2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
good car
By DEE, ar on 03/25/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have over 135,000 miles on it and it still drives like a dream. I have only done routine maintenance. I did have to get the intake manifold done and the brakes plus get new tires. Now I am told it needs rack and pinion but the car has performed over 8 years for me and I think the repairs are worth it. Love my car. P.S., the check engine lights comes on and off but this hasn't shown a problem

oldie but goodie
By mick on 04/21/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

been driving this car for 9 years! Was my company car that we purchased. It's been a great, reliable car, comfortable, good for travel as well as around town. Good mileage, low maintenance. Passing down to one of the kids... Safe car that still has some life in it I'm sure.

Lumina 2000
By Faye on 06/12/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

It drives very well and the speed is great. The interior is pretty good, it's very comfortable. The only problem is the inside of the car needs a little work on its parts. A few are loose, but of course it's a 2000. It runs rather well on the gas and the air conditioner (A/C) is great. Very much a family car. I had a 2000 Nissan Maxima before. Very sporty. It had quite a bit of mechanical problems which was getting to expensive to continously fix. I am very happy with my decision on purchasing a 2000 Lumina. It really puts a smile on my face.Oh and the Midnight blue color is beautiful. You gotta love it.

I miss my Chevy.
By Eugenegue on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car was wonderful until the day I crashed it, and then its air bags probably saved my life. Everything I look for in a car is reliability. I bought the car at 40k and drove it to 60k and it was wonderful throughout. The car was also fun to drive with great pick-up and nice handling. It was a great car and I miss it.

chevy got the name wrong
By J BERGLUND on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

the confusion chevy did by having a van and auto called by the same name was BAD. They shoulda called it the "Monte Carlo 4 Door" because its the 4 dr version of the 2 dr monte carlo without the larger doors . its a great car and gets 30 mpg only trouble we had was electric windows stopped working due to cheaply made parts.and the interiort fan got plug by leaf debris. vehical corners very nice. seats 6 total

01 Lumina
By ethos97503 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Simple, reliable ride. No fancy extras, but no irritating lack in features or performance, either. It's a grocery- getter.

I love this car!
By johnnyrocket on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for just over a year and so far it's been my favorite car yet. It's fun to drive, has plenty of power, smooth ride, lots of room and get's really good gas mileage.

sa'right
By clark inwald on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

had the car for two years now and no repair costs except for the security system (which proved expensive but only because it was misdiagnosed). Quick enuf, responsive enuf, solid feel, smooth, versatile.

robust car
By yuyi on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

drove for more than two years without any problem. Very reliable car, especially on highway.

Lumina rocks
By Robert Reed on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Plenty of power - Comfortable - Lot of trunk and internal cab space