1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My ex Government Lumina

1999 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Review

My ex Government Lumina
By Chris on

1999 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina at a government surplus auction, it had 68k/mi and now has 88k/mi. I was very satisfied when I first drove it,and I still am. It still starts with the flick of the key, idles and runs very smooth with smooth shifting and good acceleration. Steering response is very good and radius is average. I like the brake action from the pedal but think the stopping distance is a little on the far side. I normally get 20mpg city/highway and after fueling up and taking a road trip I got an amazing 29mpg despite doing hard accelerations and 80mph most of the way. I did have the intake manifold gasket replaced, which I was told common on these cars, with other normal stuff.

Favorite Features

nice looks, starts right up, idles and runs quiet and smooth, good acceleration and steering response. amazing highway mpg.

Suggested Improvements

I've been critical about the stopping distance, however I probably try to be too easy on the brakes. The brake pedal feel is very good though. Bad battery positioning.