Used 1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Great Car for the Money
By BentCoinReturn

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for over two years and have only changed the oil until today. The original rad is rotting at the bottom and starting to leak... that's not too bad for a 10-year old car. The only com[plaint I have with this vehicle is the unusually wide turning radius... My 2001 Grand Prix turned a lot tighter than this...

Peppy car for a 3.1

After exiting the vehicle I never know whether the doors will lock or remain unlocked... I never leave the keys in the ignition... not event to gas up the vehicle...

My ex Government Lumina
By Chris

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina at a government surplus auction, it had 68k/mi and now has 88k/mi. I was very satisfied when I first drove it,and I still am. It still starts with the flick of the key, idles and runs very smooth with smooth shifting and good acceleration. Steering response is very good and radius is average. I like the brake action from the pedal but think the stopping distance is a little on the far side. I normally get 20mpg city/highway and after fueling up and taking a road trip I got an amazing 29mpg despite doing hard accelerations and 80mph most of the way. I did have the intake manifold gasket replaced, which I was told common on these cars, with other normal stuff.

nice looks, starts right up, idles and runs quiet and smooth, good acceleration and steering response. amazing highway mpg.

I've been critical about the stopping distance, however I probably try to be too easy on the brakes. The brake pedal feel is very good though. Bad battery positioning.

Lumina LTZ lover
By marylee

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 for 8500.00 w/40k miles. Its had one tune up and replaced the fuel pump/gas tank the first 2 weeks I had it. Since then its been in two car accidents (one was my fault) and had the front end body work done twice. Over 9 years it has had minimal problems. A/c, stuck window. Nothing Major. This year however, I have spent 1800.00 in repairs. 900 of that at the Chevy dealer. Big mistake. All in all. Its been problem free. Now we may be facing a transmission problem. Motor runs perfectly still. We are nearing 214,000 miles and planning to hit 300 by dec! Body is still Nice. Rides great. Mpg 27 mpg when the engines needs it.. We will rebuild it

The 3800 series motor. It cruises.. No hesitation up and down hills. Slices thru any amount of snow.. Handles well in any weather. Oh. I got 5 speeding tickets and almost lost my license. Didn't even realize I was going that fast. Ticket free now 4 years. Think the car is having a hard time with

no complaints at all

love my lumina!
By chevygirl

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My lumina has almost 122 thousand miles on it and is a 99 model. I have never had any problems about it except I have had to replace my spark plugs. Besides that I have my oil changed every 3-4 thousand miles and its still rolling. I only fill up with gas about once every week and a half. Its not a 'cool' car but it gets me from a to b, and is very reliable!

better cupholders....both of mine have already broken off!

A Great Overall Car
By mindbreaker21601

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car and it only had around 73,000 miles on it. I love the premium sound package that it has and the great bass from the factory speakers. My only regret is that they no longer make this car.

Everything from the sound system to the way it handles.

Bring back the Lumina!