Used 1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Typical ami-car from Canada
By euro

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Good performance, mileage, reliability, reasonably comfortable and great trunk space (with a lousy hinge system). After I reglued all Canadian-installed door weather stipping with silicon (it kept pulling off when the doors opened...) I haven't found much to complain about. Maybe it's too long in the nose, but that's minor.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

They don't build them any more, so that's moot.

Very Nice Car
By Josh J

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for almost 2 years now and I have no complaints what so ever. This car is very comfortable, and has plenty of power with GM's 3.1L,V6. I have taken this car on many lengthy trips and have had no problems, the car just keeps on going. I currently have 119,000 miles on the car with nothing but regular maintaince, such as oil changes, coolant and transmission flushes, and a tune up, otherwise, no extra money stuck into this car. I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable, fun to drive car.

Favorite Features

3.1 L V6, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage a bit, only about 23mpg to 26mpg city, 30-32 HWY

Great Reliable Transportation
By luminalover

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

The Chevy Lumina is a great example of a reliable and well built American Automobile. It has decent power and fuel mileage. Even with 129,00 miles, it runs like a car with 50,000. Very solid and very safe. Paint still shines like new. Body does not dent easily. Interior is not fancy, but it holds up very well. Even has keyless entry on a 1999.

Favorite Features

Powerful but fairly fuel efficent 3.1 L. This 3.1 sounds very good, even through an OEM muffler. Looks good and paint shines even after almost 9 years of non-garaged use!

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders!

Crappy car
By Deann

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new and from day one we have had problems with it. Had to replace brake drum a couple of times. They were so bad that we couldn't even get them cut.The drums kept burning up brake pads. Had to replace head gasket that cost me a pretty penny. Radiator leaks. Now there are problems with the transmission, sometimes it seems to be stuck in 1st gear. I don't know. I would never buy a Lumina again.

Favorite Features

Color

Suggested Improvements

None

Boring but dependable
By leroy

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This car isn't hot or racy. It's not a luxury car but it cleans up well and just keeps on running. Now that may not seem like a lot to some folks but if you're tired of trips back to the dealership then this is your kind of vehicle. I've owned a Lumina for four years and have nothing bad to say about it. My next car will be a little more appealing to the eye but I just hope it can come close to the '99 Lumina as far as reliability.

Favorite Features

Reliable and dependable for thousands of miles