1999 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
first lumina
By jes_ducky on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This is my first lumina, and sence no longer made my last (to bad). While I have had to put $800.00 in servicing this vehicle during my first month of owning it, it was due to the previous owner not taking care of the car. The servicing required was normal maintenance..breaks,tires,oil change,ect...surprising though is this car ran perfect even with all the neglect!! It has 85000 miles and I exspect atleast another 100000 with only normal maintance. Good job Chevy!

never again
By dave 1 on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

just replace manifold gaskets again.$1100. did it last year too.$834. Thank god for the Hertz extended warranty. Problem after problem. The ignition key "chip" went bad last year...towing and electrical investigation...$379 turn signal shot $201 I'm buying a Honda Civic next.

Good Family Car
By mma786 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Our Lumina has taken care of our families transportation need thorugh thick and thin for the past five years. The car has given us few problems considering the abuse we put it through. The car seats six plus the low end torque really gets you moving. When ever the weather is bad our family prefers the Lumina, because it "just feels more secure."

Lumina LS
By Berdock on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Nothing fancy about this vehicle, But its reliable roomy and very sound transportation.

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS
By Kinkey on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Smooth quite ride,Reliable family sedan with lots of trunk space and roomy for a midsize vehical.

I love my car
By flaviking on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This is the first Lumina I have ever had the chance to own or drive and I fell in love with it the minute Igot behind the wheel. The ride is very smooth and it handles very well.

Lumina....A Great Value
By Ray Rack on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Lumina, both purchased as 1 year used from Avis Auto Rental. My commute is 46 miles/day, with 1/3 city and the other 2/3 freeway. I average 28 MPG (UNREAL). Other than a front brake job at 60K miles on my 2nd car, I have had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH EITHER VEHICLE requiring dealer service. I currently have 73k miles on my 1999 and STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL TIRES with legal tread! A great front wheel drive system: I live on a hill with lots of snow in the winter and have had this car on many mountain dirt roads with absolutely no power or traction problems. Chevy gets a GOLD STAR for this very well designed, basic sedan.

its cheap & reliable
By milton on 03/14/02 05:51 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second ls lumina. my first one was a 95 big disappointment.When I found the second 99 ls lumina and seen all the improvements I was sold .You cant excpect much from a car that sales so cheaply ,but its worth every penny and then more.This car will do util I can afford a corvette. sign satisfied for now.