1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
love my lumina!
By chevygirl on 06/19/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My lumina has almost 122 thousand miles on it and is a 99 model. I have never had any problems about it except I have had to replace my spark plugs. Besides that I have my oil changed every 3-4 thousand miles and its still rolling. I only fill up with gas about once every week and a half. Its not a 'cool' car but it gets me from a to b, and is very reliable!

A Great Overall Car
By mindbreaker21601 on 02/11/09 18:39 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car and it only had around 73,000 miles on it. I love the premium sound package that it has and the great bass from the factory speakers. My only regret is that they no longer make this car.

Very Nice!
By Josh on 10/08/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Way to go Chevy! I have been a die hard Chevy fan for years and this car is great! Very comfortable and is fun to drive. The 3.1L V6 provides amazing low end torque and can get you up and going with ease. As for fuel economy, I get 28-30mph on the highway and anywhere from 25-27 in the city when babied! Interior is comfortable and everything is easy to access. Way to go!

Very Nice!
By Josh on 08/02/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Chevy Lumina 2 years ago with 83000 on it. I currently have 127,000 miles on the car and never had any problems. The power of the 3.1L is outstanding, especially with the low end torque. Im currently getting an average of 29-30 mpg on the highway! Great car is all i have to say! Nothing but regular maintaience and it still runs like brand new! this is exactly the reason why I buy GM products. Nice job Chevrolet!

Mixed emotions now
By Rhuxster on 04/24/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car was a dream cake for the first 8 years. Only had regular maintence required. For the 9th year, all hell broke loose! gas tank leak, alternator died, engine gasket failed, leaked radiator fluid, engine clatters badly (piston slap), noisy fuel pump, transmision not running well (1st-2nd gear), brakes required for the first time, battery died, hand break stopped working, tail pipe supports rusted off. I live in the northern climate where lots of salt is used in winter and I still don't have any body rust yet! The paint has not faded much. There's no rattles, squeeks, or trimmings falling apart like my previous GM cars. Engine runs smooth. gas mileage still good.

Typical ami-car from Canada
By euro on 04/07/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Good performance, mileage, reliability, reasonably comfortable and great trunk space (with a lousy hinge system). After I reglued all Canadian-installed door weather stipping with silicon (it kept pulling off when the doors opened...) I haven't found much to complain about. Maybe it's too long in the nose, but that's minor.

Very Nice Car
By Josh J on 02/13/08 19:11 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for almost 2 years now and I have no complaints what so ever. This car is very comfortable, and has plenty of power with GM's 3.1L,V6. I have taken this car on many lengthy trips and have had no problems, the car just keeps on going. I currently have 119,000 miles on the car with nothing but regular maintaince, such as oil changes, coolant and transmission flushes, and a tune up, otherwise, no extra money stuck into this car. I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable, fun to drive car.

Great Reliable Transportation
By luminalover on 09/03/07 10:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The Chevy Lumina is a great example of a reliable and well built American Automobile. It has decent power and fuel mileage. Even with 129,00 miles, it runs like a car with 50,000. Very solid and very safe. Paint still shines like new. Body does not dent easily. Interior is not fancy, but it holds up very well. Even has keyless entry on a 1999.

Crappy car
By Deann on 12/30/06 21:45 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new and from day one we have had problems with it. Had to replace brake drum a couple of times. They were so bad that we couldn't even get them cut.The drums kept burning up brake pads. Had to replace head gasket that cost me a pretty penny. Radiator leaks. Now there are problems with the transmission, sometimes it seems to be stuck in 1st gear. I don't know. I would never buy a Lumina again.

Boring but dependable
By leroy on 01/13/06 19:37 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car isn't hot or racy. It's not a luxury car but it cleans up well and just keeps on running. Now that may not seem like a lot to some folks but if you're tired of trips back to the dealership then this is your kind of vehicle. I've owned a Lumina for four years and have nothing bad to say about it. My next car will be a little more appealing to the eye but I just hope it can come close to the '99 Lumina as far as reliability.