Used 1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

love my lumina!
By chevygirl

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

My lumina has almost 122 thousand miles on it and is a 99 model. I have never had any problems about it except I have had to replace my spark plugs. Besides that I have my oil changed every 3-4 thousand miles and its still rolling. I only fill up with gas about once every week and a half. Its not a 'cool' car but it gets me from a to b, and is very reliable!

Suggested Improvements

better cupholders....both of mine have already broken off!

A Great Overall Car
By mindbreaker21601

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car and it only had around 73,000 miles on it. I love the premium sound package that it has and the great bass from the factory speakers. My only regret is that they no longer make this car.

Favorite Features

Everything from the sound system to the way it handles.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Lumina!

Very Nice!
By Josh

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Way to go Chevy! I have been a die hard Chevy fan for years and this car is great! Very comfortable and is fun to drive. The 3.1L V6 provides amazing low end torque and can get you up and going with ease. As for fuel economy, I get 28-30mph on the highway and anywhere from 25-27 in the city when babied! Interior is comfortable and everything is easy to access. Way to go!

Favorite Features

3.1L V6

Very Nice!
By Josh

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Chevy Lumina 2 years ago with 83000 on it. I currently have 127,000 miles on the car and never had any problems. The power of the 3.1L is outstanding, especially with the low end torque. Im currently getting an average of 29-30 mpg on the highway! Great car is all i have to say! Nothing but regular maintaience and it still runs like brand new! this is exactly the reason why I buy GM products. Nice job Chevrolet!

Favorite Features

Low end torque of the 3.1L, it really gets you going and fast!

Suggested Improvements

None!

Mixed emotions now
By Rhuxster

1999 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This car was a dream cake for the first 8 years. Only had regular maintence required. For the 9th year, all hell broke loose! gas tank leak, alternator died, engine gasket failed, leaked radiator fluid, engine clatters badly (piston slap), noisy fuel pump, transmision not running well (1st-2nd gear), brakes required for the first time, battery died, hand break stopped working, tail pipe supports rusted off. I live in the northern climate where lots of salt is used in winter and I still don't have any body rust yet! The paint has not faded much. There's no rattles, squeeks, or trimmings falling apart like my previous GM cars. Engine runs smooth. gas mileage still good.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Replace angled attachment bars of trunk lid with straight ones or use the new piston system (present design takes up too much of the trunk space as you close it. what a waste of space!). Replace the windshield wiper squirters on the wiper arm to the hood of car. (present design freezes up easily)