Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Excellent Car
By mellibean

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

I bought this car thinking that I would just keep a year or two. It was a used car, but I love it. I usually drove Dodge vehicles and just lost my Stratus to a bad car accident. I have to say this car is wonderful. I intially thought it was a "Old lady" car. But its sharp even at its age. I have to say I lucked out it only had 15000 miles on it upon purchasing it. I think its a very sharp car. It had all the extras and even the rims are cool. I have had other Lumina owners say "wow" I wish I had all those options. It looks more like a Monte Carlo on the inside and it mentions that on the orignal sticker and the title.

I like the leather seats,moon roof, and the wheels and the dual exhaust.

The spoiler should sit up more and chrome should have been included on the dual exhaust.

1998 Chevrolet Lumina
By dale061327

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have driven this vehicle for 77000 of its 103000 miles. Only parts to be replaced over its lifetime are ignition key lock cylinder and the generator. Other than this there have been no problems. The vehicle has just had its mandatory annual state inspection and passed flawlessly. It's a good car. Too bad they stopped manufacturing them!

Automatic running lights and headlights go on by sensor at dark and turn off when the ignition is turned off.

N/A because they aren't making them any more.

great car!!
By dogloverMom and five

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just recently sold to my best friends mother, so it would stay in the family. Very good car, always started right up even sitting in frigid Indiana winters outside all night. Never had any problems besides very minor issues.Hate to get rid of it, but got a new SUV.This car got us back and forth on several vacations, and drove great on ice and snow.

Dependable, easy to drive and good mileage.Looks good even in the plain version.

Cloth interior should be improved, more attractive fabric and greater stain resistance.

OK car.
By argekay

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 75,000 miles. Had to replace the turn signal assembly on the steering wheel due to inoperative brake lights. Engine has very noisy metallic sound when started cold. This is a known defect. Noise goes away when engine warms up. Fuel gauge is useless. It is not accurate at all. Cup holder is broken due to flimsy design. That being said, the car is reliable all around. Nice quiet and solid ride. This is the best chevy product I have owned, but my next car will be a Toyota Camry.

Reliable engine. Interior room is very good.

Better fuel gauge, fix noisy engine on cold start.

Road Warrior
By brewerfan

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

Car has been a work horse for 6-years. Very dependable with little to no maitance (expept oil changes). Actually went 135K miles before changing the plugs and was still getting 28 mpg on the highway. Body design and interior leave a bit to be desired, but all in all a very good value over the course of the six years.

V-6 engine. reliability

Body design, interior fit and function.