1998 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
1998 Chevrolet Lumina Base Model
By Jennifer15358 on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought it brand new back in 1998. Anyway, it has 133,000 miles on it currently and hasn't given me much trouble. The only thing that has went bad on the car so far is the water pump, which had to be replaced at around 100,000 miles. It's been a pretty reliable car so far. I travel a total of 90 miles a day, 5 days a week with this car, to and from work. And I never broke down or had a problem. But there is one negative thing about this car, that is it seems to burn oil, or leak oil because between oil changes(every 5,000 miles) I usually have to add almost a quart of oil. Other then the small oil loss, the car is built good and is reliable.

Hailey's LTZ
By Hialey Collins on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ 4dr Sedan

I love the LTZ. It's those little things like the black chevy bow tie instead of the blue or white ones or the back end design that set it apart from all of the other Luminas. I have had my car for 2 years now and I have NEVER had any problems with it. It looks great inside and out. And with it's 3800 V6 engine, it drives great too. Wanna race?

Great car
By Jordan on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 8 months ago, it has never let me down, preforance is good (for a v6) gets the looks with a little tlc and some nice rims.

Great car
By jordan on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

A+looks,B-performance,C- quality
By woolhead on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ 4dr Sedan

have owned for 3 years.the 3.8 liter engine is a dream.not the raciest motor made,but strong and reliable.the interior is low-rent.the front seats are backbreakers on a long trip,the leather is cheap.typical weak GM brakes.handles acceptably,good transporter for daily use.

Reliable Family Car
By RxMichelle on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Very reliable family car. Very comfortable for tall individuals and growing kids.

Worth the Money
By robert05 on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We bought this car 4years ago and it has performed well overall. The ride is smooth and quiet. The quality of the interior is not the best. Several items such as the driver arm rest and overhead visor have broken. The comment from the service advisor. It's a cheaply made car. The brokes have also required more atttention than I consider normal.

LTZ
By Brian R. on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ 4dr Sedan

I bought my LTZ about 2.5 yrs ago with 54k on it. I'm impress with the performance and the problem free 3.8 ltr is wonderful. It has a great sound when pushed hard. I have driven this car for 8 hrs straight and I had no back problems. The dual zone climate control is a must with a wife who gets cold easy. Would prefer a rear folding seat. The lthr is very soft and the seats are like a lazyboy. The only complaint is with the interior plasic. The door panels and dash has a nice texture, however the plastic around the insrument cluster and climate and radio is Fisher Price cheap. Other than that I love the car and plan to keep it for a very long time

Good StuFF!
By Just Me on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

It moves, don't underestimate the 3.1 V6! EXTREMELLY comfortable. Interior material/looks on the cheap side. Olds/Pontiac look better (Alero/Grand Prix). It's no Bimmer, but it does what it whas desigend to do well. Very capable car, and lots of stuff for your $$$

Lumina Review
By Nick V on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle used with about 80,000 miles on it. I changed out the factory radio with a new CD player, new speakers and a subwoofer. After doing that my car was perfect. Really quiet inside, great handling, Engine noise is practicly non-existant. With the exception of this car not having a sunroof it's perfect.