1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
well
By justin h on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

great car never a problem very reliable

lil mama's review
By lacey on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

i have 206,000 miles on my 98. it has been all over the US. the only thing ever needed to be repalced was the alternator. i think this vehicle may never end. if you take good care of this little buggy, it'll go forever.

A great asset
By blackstone on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned Luminas for the past 15 years. They are very reliable. I change the oil every 5000 miles and other than brakes at about 50000 miles, and tires at about the same mileage, there is no maintainence. This car is now 6 years old and never been in the shop. Rock solid reliable and very comfortable (leather interior). Has all the creature features too. GOOD GAS MILEAGE at 26 on road, 23 in town. Gotta love this car. Depreciation like evry other new car is a killer.

LTZ
By cnorth on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

We have had no problems with this car. I am very pleased except for noisy tires and they are not origanal.

One of my best used cars!!
By Grewal on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2003 with 124000 miles on it. With its big and powerful engine, I have driven it more than 10,000 miles in less than 3 months...runs excellent..no problems at all.

Extended warranty saved.
By J Rice on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

Nice looking and fun to drive - but glad I bought the extended warranty. Bought used 3 years ago with 30,000 miles, have since put $6,000 worth of work thru the warranty - fuel injectors, water pump, oil pan gasket, ABS sensors, alternator, replaced engine-bearing failure, sunroof motor,door lock switch, brake rotors - you name it. And all this in a car that has been well maintained and has only 75,000 miles currently. Planning to dump it before the warranty expires.

One of the best cars I have owned
By MarkNYC on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

No problems in 5 years and 84,000 miles. The best thing about it is the 3.8 L V6 engine and the incredibly reliable performance. Excellent tire wear.

Excellent Vehicle
By dudeboybub on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Vehicle. Ours has over 70000 miles on it and still runs like new

GREAT CAR-GREATER PRICE!
By Will2 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used with 30K miles on it. Since, we've put 65K miles with very few repairs. The relaibility is incredile, and the ride is not bad, although the seats vould be more comfortable. The ride, especially on the highway is smooth and very quiet. Plenty of confort creatures, even with the base model. This car was a steal-I'd buy another one, if I could find one with low miles.

Best Car I've ever owned
By dan-o the ritalinkid on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The Lumina kept myself and my family safe from serious injury in a recent accident. When a minivan made a turn directly in my path not more than aprox. 50ft away while I was traveling at approx 40mph the impact was unavoidable. The mini van had 12 passengers, 4 more than it's limit. The Lumina's front impacted the passenger side of the van just between front and rear doors. Not only did myself and my family escape serious injury but the Lumina was still running and the radiator still held it's coolant. Sorry to say 10 of the 12 van pasengers were injured. The Lumina had an excellent history of reliability since I owned it.