Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

It Keeps On Going
By ddrhj

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

This is my first and only car, but it has been a great one. After 115,000 miles, it's reliability and performance are still wonderful. The fuel mileage has hovered around 30 miles/gallon over the life of the car and the maintenance has been extremely minimal.

It's true fuel economy and reliability. This car has never let me down besides a couple of battery issues over it's lifetime.

Visibility is somewhat poor for shorter drivers. Clearing the back windshield of ice or fog takes a long time due to air circulation pattern.

98 lumina
By Terry

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Great car, most trouble free, great gas mileage(21-24 town,32-34highway), most comfortable car for traveling coast to coast we have ever owned. Jan. 2010 timing chain cover gasket gave out,will fix and drive. This car now has 203,000 miles on it. Other than the gasket we have only had to fix the battery, starter and alternator.

reliable, comfortable cruiser
By Pete

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Bought this as a used, first car for a new driver due to good crash test ratings. Over the 5 yrs we have had it, I am impressed with the comfortable, quiet ride and high overall reliability and low operating costs.. Highly recommended..

split bench seats

exterior mirrors can be larger

Boaty-
By NickoSweetConfidence

1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina from my boyfriends mom in November of 2008. It had 180,000 miles when I got it, now has 215,000. I'm the second owner. I have had to fix some minor issues here and there but the car is amazing. Takes it like i give it. I have no disappointments in the way it drives or handles. Incredibly reliable. Gas mileage is pretty good, without sacrificing power, which is great with today's economy. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a roomy, comfortable, reliable vehicle.

Acceleration, Huge backseat when front seats are up. Handling, Great in snow.

Bucket seats! I Hate the bench! better floor heating vents.

Very Reliable
By Josh

1998 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car when it had 141,000 and it now has 156,000 The car is great. The engine and ride are both smooth and it is steady at 20 MPG. The only thing I would change is the turning radius. It can be a pain but, overall the car is the best I've ever owned.I wish they were still making them.

Rides and runs smooth, steady MPG

Turning radius