1997 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Review: Small things gone wrong

1997 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Review

Small things gone wrong
By colorfularies on

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago and it had 90,000 miles on it. I just needed something to get me back and forth to work in. The car was nice looking, had great pick up and rode strong and smooth. No problems at all the first couple years. Soon the white paint started coming off, and after a brutal winter with snow and ice storms, my car was left with patches of grey primer showing through all over the vehicle I've seen other white Luminas with the same problem. I had it repainted a few months ago and now it looks brand new. A defect in the paint that GM should fix. I've had the radiator, AC compressor, alternator, and water pump replaced.

Strong ride, sporty look, good gas mileage for its size, lots of interior room

Better paint jobs for the white ones! Currently my drivers side window won't roll down (its manual, the mechanism is worn out and my turn signals won't work if you click them all the way down. If you just hold them to almost- click, they work - plastic parts inside the steering column wore out.