1997 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Review: Great Car from point A to poin

1997 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Review

Great Car from point A to point B
By Der5kss on

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

If you're looking for a quality car to get you there and back, look no further. The standard Lumina with a 3.1 L engine and decent fuel economy (28 mpg highway) is a reliable, conservative car. It is not sporty and it is not an exciting car to drive, but my 1997 Lumina has never failed me. It gets from one place to another with no problems, the power is decent (but a more powerful 3.4L and 3.8L engine can be found on other cars of this model), and it is comfortable enough for a family of 4 or 5. If you buy a Chevrolet Lumina as a family or business car you will be satisfied with the low-maitenance relationship and you will not regret this investment.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include: AM/FM CD/Radio Easily read guages & overlays Beautiful color (I own a silver metallic) Cruise control Rear window defrost

Suggested Improvements

Overall drivability is lacking in this model. Higher trim models may come with a smoother ride but I would have liked my standard Lumina to have been equipped with a better suspension. A solution of course is aftermarket springs, something I will be investing in in the near future.