1997 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews 6

1997 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Love my car but....
By mpt on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This was my company car for 2 years before I bought it so it a few miles on it at purchase time. The ride is GREAT and it has been the absolute family choise on all family vacations because of the interior comfortableness and trunk room. However, word of caution, re:fuel components. The fuel pump has gone out at a cost of $900 and I have had to service the fuel injecters several times. The last being a replacement(another high cost). Shop said this is not unusual for this car ( especially in Oregon because of the high condesation that gets in the gas) and parts are expensive (probably because they are no longer being made).

Lumina
By rick rodriguez on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i like the car alot.

Solid Basics
By Rob Canning on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this simple, but solid car used @ 23k miles for only $13k. Very reliable and does everything adequately to well. GREAT VALUE.

LUMINA
By hogmr on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

this car has been the best car we have ever owned.was talked out of buying the buick regal and i am sure glad.i am sorry chevy does not make this model anymore.have had no problems with car.relative that owns a lexus drove my lumina and said the ride was just as comfortable.

The Lumina
By Buzsaw on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Our Lumina has been the most reliable and efficient vehicle we have ever owned. The 3.1 engine is economical and runs effortlessly (keep the oil changed and it will run forever). This vehicle is perfect transportation.

ABS Failure at 70,000Kms
By GDF on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

At approximately 70,000 Kms the ABS, light came on permanently, failure cause? described as requiring a total replacement of the ABS, phone call to " GM Warranty Headquarters" in Canada resulted in being informaed that the vehicle was over the 60,000km warranty period.. The GM Dealer representative , suggested I drive without ABS, returning to the Braking system I have used for the past 50 years... Results, excellent ABS is over advertised as being a safety feature? Good driving habits can provide equal results, in my opinion.

good reliable and fun car to drive
By snir on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago, drove it for 10000miles with no problems at all. very reliable, quite, good performance and comfortable.

Lumina
By Ronald Davis on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Minor problems, except that they recently discovered a gasket leak on the engine that is time consuming to repair, about $800 for the estimate. Other than that this vehicle has run great with few minor problems.

LUMINA
By BARON87 on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Been a good car...