Used 1997 Chevrolet Lumina Base Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Leaky lumina
By Preston Alexander

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

When I received the car a few months ago, it had great millage, it has great get up and go and it is great on gas. It used to be a security car at UNT. since I got it, I had to replace the starter and seal a leak in the transmission line. Now it is leaking power steering fluid and its going run from $200-$500 to fix. That's a whole lot of money when your a broke college kid.

Love this car
By lrodriguez2

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I still drive my 1997 Lumina and it has 260,000 miles on it.
It has been the best car I have ever driven.
I have never had any major issues with the car.
Car maintenance is key.
It is a comfortable ride, still has great pickup and handles nicely on curves.
It's roomy without being an overbearingly large car.
Wish they still made them.

Handling, comfort

chevy lumina
By mmeder337

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

the chevy lumina is the best car ever i had mine for 12 years never had any problems with it i wish they still made it i just got the impala i hope it is as good to me as the lumina was

Mine is actually a 3.8 V6
By tracym1974

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina in 2004 and just sold it. I never had a problem with this car. All I had to do to it was regular maintenance, oil change, brakes, plugs, other fluids. Well, I did have to replace the compressor after 6 yrs and a new battery. It drove smooth as silk. I always felt very safe in this car. Initially, I thought the car was nothing to look at but after driving it all these years..the looks didn't matter. I had two wrecks in this car and it bounced back everytime. I wish I didn't sell it. Bought it with 76,000miles on it and sold it with 206,000. It never left me stranded not once. I am looking for another one.

The power. This car would get up and go. Heavy enough that it always held its ground.

None

Love this car
By jueckstj

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

My lumina is my first and only car so far. After ten years of driving it, I have never been stranded with a car that wouldn't start. I have replaced a lot on the car in the last ten years, but nothing out of the ordinary for a car that is 14 years old. The only complaint I have is that the body has rusted pretty much beyond repair. Although I think the engine could last another 75k, I don't think that the body will (I blame this on western michigan winters). My advice for people in very snowy areas: wash the salt off your car because if I would have, I would still be driving this car in 2015.

roomy, great stock radio, smooth ride

reenforced wheel wells and strut mounts.